Meal on Wheels Drivers - Skowhegan
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
3 people are interested
Urgent need for Meal on Wheels Drivers for Tuesdays 10:00a.m.-1:00p.m and Thursdays 10:00 a.m.- 11:30 a.m.
Spectrum Generations is looking for volunteer Drivers for our Meal on Wheels program in the Skowhegan/Cornville area. Mileage reimbursement is offered.
DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Picking up food donations from local store and delivering to a Center
- Delivering a hot, nutritious noon time meal to home bound seniors
- Act as a safety "check-in" person for home bound seniors
- Reporting to Spectrum Generations if recipient does not answer their door
- Must have the ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be a licensed driver with a safe driving record and carry the State’s mandated limit of Liability Insurance.
About Spectrum Generations
1 Weston Ct, PO Box 2589, Augusta, ME 04338, US
Promoting life-long learning, health, wellness, nutrition, community engagement and social well-being of all older and disabled adults.
Spectrum Generations spans four decades as a leading nonprofit provider of innovative solutions to the challenges of meals, care-giving, counseling, socialization, wellness, and life-long learning to seniors, maturing adults, and the disabled. Our mission is to secure positive outcomes through at-home and community-based services in rural, city, and small town settings for vulnerable aging and disabled populations.
- Offers a variety of assistance and services to seniors and disabled adults and their families ranging from a friendly helping hand to trained care including Meals on Wheels, Adult DayBreak, Family Caregiver Services, Money Management, and Bridges Personal Services and Care Management.
- Provides information about questions and concerns on a wide variety of issues that impact adults including Maine Care, Medicare, money-saving benefits programs as well as referral services and community presentations.
- Encourages the passions of aging and/or disabled adults and their families for lifelong learning through programs, classes, and workshops at our seven community centers.
- Provides opportunities and connections to participate in rewarding experiences such as social dining, travel, fitness and wellness programs, special events, and volunteer opportunities.