Volunteer as an After-School Program Attendant for children of low-income families
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Volunteer Position Description:
Monitor and interact with the children to help ensure youth are positively engaged and invested in their academics, have positive relations with adults and counterparts, and improve their out of school time experience. Must be available regularly for program sessions.
This volunteer role would be a great opportunity for individuals studying to become teachers, social workers, marriage and family therapist, and anyone with experience/interest in child development.
- Commit to a weekly tutoring shift
- Help youth complete homework assignments
- Be a positive example and role model to the young people in our program
- Act as a resource and guide, help the youth learn how to find resources and information
- Work closely with Eden staff and report on any issues or get support when needed
- Respect that the youth may not share your lifestyles, values, or goals
- Support daily schedule segments (ex. snack, study hall, enrichment activities, recess).
- Assist youth program participants using software and guided practice worksheets related to Lexia, an online literacy intervention program
- Participate in professional development opportunities to enhance knowledge of youth development best practices
- Excellent reading and math skills
- Previous teaching or tutoring experience is preferred but not required
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and a positive personality and demeanor
Volunteer Attendants will gain insight into the life of a young person, an increase in their own skills and training, as well as the reward and satisfaction that comes from helping a young person excel academically and gain more confidence.
Attendants will work within Eden’s after school programs and must commit to one shift per week for at least four months.
We'll work with your schedule.
1300 Kentwood LaneSan Leandro, CA 94578
- Child Development
- Child Care
- Relationship Building
- Youth Services
- General Education
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Weekday afternoon availability