Provide Academic Support to Homeless Students In San Leandro
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
18 people are interested
Our model of providing one-on-one, individualized support allows us to address the unique needs of each homeless and highly mobile student and to meet them wherever they are physically, as well as academically, mentally, and emotionally. As a lack of transportation and, therefore, limited access to educational opportunities is one of the most significant challenges homeless children face in their education, we take our services to the children. Thus, most of our tutoring takes place in shelters, transitional homes, libraries - wherever we can meet the students.
As a volunteer tutor with CEP you will:
- work 1-on-1 with a homeless and highly mobile student for at least one hour a week
- Provide homework support
- read aloud and be read to in return.
- Play literacy and math games
- Have fun!
As a consistent presence in the life of a homeless youth, you can help build up that child’s confidence and instill a joy for reading and math that will help set them up for academic success.
Apply today at: www.cep.ngo/volunteer.html
1395 Bancroft Ave.san leandro, CA 94577
- Child Development
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- Youth Services
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 13
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour per week for at least 6 months
- access to reliable transportation or public transportation