- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
5 people are interested
Many of the youth express themselves best through art.
- Once a month before 2:30pm: two+ volunteers go into the same class of 10 to 14 students; day(s) of month decided by EG teacher and you. Choose from previous volunteer’s lesson and projects or use your favorites. Be a lead docent or assist. This is similar to the art docent program that is in most elementary schools.
- After school 3:00pm or later - once a month or every week: Share your favorite mediums and projects with a cottage (living quarters for 10 to 15 youth).
- more info here: http://www.echoglen.org/art/
http://www.echoglen.org/music/ http://www.echoglen.org/photography/ http://www.echoglen.org/sewing/
About Friends of Echo Glen
33010 SE 99th Street, Snoqualmie, WA 98065, US
We are a 100% volunteer community that exists with the sole purpose of helping the youth at Echo Glen Juvenile Detention Center, who have so much untapped potential, to REWRITE THE SCRIPTS OF THEIR LIVES.
We help these teens gain self-esteem by providing essential building blocks for healthy development thus breaking the cycle of neglect and abuse. Our goal is to surround the youth with caring adult role models who give an active listening ear while participating in a wide variety of activities.
Echo Glen is a Washington State juvenile detention facility and a school operated by the Issaquah School District. The facility has approximately 125, male and female, youth in residence, ranging in age from 10 to 20 years old. They come from every part of the state, and all have great untapped potential.
National studies show that 80 to 85 percent of youth in the juvenile justice system have at one time been removed from their homes due to abuse or neglect. This seems to be a continuous cycle-one that Echo Glen staff is determined to break. Nearly all of these young people have dangerously low self-esteem; they crave positive attention from adults and need good role models.
Please join us in supporting these youth!
We'll work with your schedule.
Echo Glen Children's Center33010 SE 99th StreetSnoqualmie, WA 98065
- Visual Arts
- Music Arts
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Share art every week or once a month;