Part-Time Volunteer Bookkeeper/Account Representative
11 people are interested
Cross Over Community Development is seeking a part-time volunteer bookkeeper/Account Representative. Cross Over Community Development (COCD) is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization that was established in 2016 to support immigrants and refugees in re-establishing high-quality lives for themselves and fully participating in the life of their new community in Dayton, Ohio.
Job Summary: The part-time volunteer bookkeeper/Account Representative will perform both accounting and administrative functions and will report to the Executive Director. Accounting functions include recording, classifying, examining, and processing and recording donations and receipts; accounts payable, wire transfers and payments; reconciliations; and preparing financial reports. Administrative functions include collecting and sending mail, recording incoming packages; depositing funds; managing organization purchases and the special request from volunteer groups; managing online accounts such as software, telephone, Internet, bank, etc.; filing monthly receipts, and managing the organization’s insurance policies.
Accounting duties include:
- Process and record pledges, donations, and fees, as well as accounts payable transactions, to proper fund (classification) and general ledger account
- Process payments to vendors and make wire transfers where necessary
- Maintain bank account ledger, manage cash flow requirements, and reconcile bank accounts
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and yearly payroll tax forms and make necessary payments as required by federal and state law, and prepare W-2s at year end
- Prepare financial statements, for the Treasurer and Board of Directors
- Maintain complete and auditable historical financial records to support transactions and maintain a backup of any computer or electronic files
- Assist in duties such as the development and preparation of the annual budget, preparing and distributing timely donation acknowledgments and year-end donor contribution statements
Administrative duties include:
- Collect mail from the post office; record incoming packages; sort mail and packages
- Send outgoing mail, including bulk mailings
- Make bank deposit of incoming funds
- Prepare reports for Executive Director, including bank, payments, funds, expenses, and deposits
- Manage online accounts such as bank, telephone, Internet, software, etc.
- Manage office insurance policies
Other duties include:
- Perform any other duties as requested
- Work with Board of Directors and committees to assist when needed as directed by Executive Director
About CROSSOVER COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
PO Box 531, Dayton, OH 45401, US
VISION: Cross Over Community Development is a gateway to self-reliance, confidence, and dignity for immigrants, refugees, and underserved communities. Mission: Cross Over Community Development is a resource center for immigrants and underserved community that provide educational services and employment opportunities in the greater Dayton area.
Cross Over Community Development is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting immigrants and refugees in re-establishing high-quality lives for themselves and fully participating in the life of their new community.
Cross Over was named after the idea that African immigrants and refugees cross from areas of absolute poverty and come to the US with the hope of accessing opportunities, create wealth and escape poverty. Unfortunately, they find upon arrival here barriers after barriers mostly linked to their lack of functional skills, cultural awareness, appropriate education, transferable job skills as well as social connections and they get stuck with the first survival job they get upon arrival here, unable to move to the next level, many become underemployed and end up assimilating in the underclass which prevents them from realizing their dream of creating money, prosperity, and success.
It is against this backdrop that volunteers who have been involved with new immigrants’ issues formed a nonprofit called "Cross Over Community Development" intended to empower them with employment skills and job creations so that they can improve their quality of life and self-sufficiency. Our outreach programs to break the generational poverty will target both immigrants and underserved communities.
PO Box 531DaytonDayton, OH 45401
- Financial Auditing
- Office Management
- Program Management
- Administrative Support
- Must be at least 21