- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Job Description for Grant Writer
I Will Survive Inc. is looking for an experienced, innovative, and kind-hearted individual with a record of consistent grant writing success.
The Grant Writer will be responsible for identifying grant opportunities, managing the grant development and proposal process, and collaborating with the Board members, staff, and volunteers at IWS.
Candidates must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, a professional and resourceful demeanor, the ability to work both independently and as a team player, and a desire to take initiative and manage numerous projects simultaneously.
This position is based out of the IWS headquarters and in Doraville, GA and reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Demonstrated experience in obtaining grants for non-profits, charities, and other philanthropic organizations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to manage rejection and overcome common proposal objections
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills required
- Experience with sourcing opportunities, cold-calling, contact development, and business relationship management
- Detail oriented, adaptable, organized and demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, email marketing, and CRM tools
Duties & Responsibilities
- Research and identify grant opportunities based on program needs, funding amounts needed, and organization directives
- Communicate with foundations, if needed, to confirm eligibility for grant application
- Identify all requirements of grant to ensure all necessary attachments are submitted on time
- Successfully understand and communicate mission and vision of IWS when applying for the grant
- Track and create a calendar of grant opportunities - including deadline dates, required materials, etc
- Complete and submit grant applications to secure funding
- Work with grant writing committee team
About I Will Survive, Inc.
5879 New Peachtree Rd Suite D, Atlanta, GA 30340, US
The mission of I Will Survive, Inc. is to provide economic support, prevention education, and health & wellness services to those at higher risk and those affected by breast cancer. Whereever there is a need or injustice, I Will Survive, Inc. will offer its resources regardless of economic status or affiliation. Breast cancer does not discriminate and neither do we.
Founded in 2010, I Will Survive, Inc. helps with ways to decrease risks for breast cancer by health and wellness. What you eat, how you work out, how you love yourself, limit stress, not smoking, breastfeeding, and even more- all make a difference in your life. We promote fitness on a physical, mental, and spiritual level.
Our fundraisers are focused on education and charitable gifts. Knowledge is power. Ethnic women, specifically African Americans are the highest mortality rates from breast cancer and 1 in 8 women will be affected by breast cancer in her lifetime according to CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), 1 in 1000 for men. Yes, men get breast cancer too.
Join Team Survive today!
Here is the link for the IWS Volunteer Application: http://bit.ly/IWSVolunteerApplication
Thank you again for your interest to serve our communities!
We'll work with your schedule.
5879 New Peachtree Rd.Suite DAtlanta, GA 30340
- Resource Development / Management
- Financial Planning
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
- Market Research / Analysis
- Must be at least 21
- 5-10 hours a week with pay
- Grant Writer, Grant, Writer, Grant Team, Fundraise, Community Outreach, Financial Planning