Volunteer Director - Orange County
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
ChickTech OC is seeking go-getters on the ground in Orange County to continue to grow our chapter and support the tech industry in Orange County. Are you passionate about empowering women & girls in technology? Are you a motivator of people and a get things done kind of person? Are you comfortable in making tough decisions? Do you have a learning mindset? Unafraid of work? Then consider helping us!
At ChickTech, we believe every girl and woman has the right to fulfill their true potential. We support our community by providing hands-on experiences to strengthen personal and professional skills that will make our members, volunteers, and those we serve successful in their personal and professional lives.
We are currently recruiting 1-2 individuals to serve as our Volunteer Director(s). This is a leadership position that can be shared with another individual, however candidates must be willing to take on the position on their own and assist with the recruitment of a co-lead if one is wanted. As a 100% volunteer-run chapter, this role is responsible for volunteer recruitment and retention.
This volunteer opportunity could be for you if you have/are:
- Over the age of 21
- Background Check
- Currently employed (business owners and recruiters are welcome!)
- Experience in the tech industry
- 2 years’ experience planning events
- 3+ years leading a team of people
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- An entrepreneurial and solution-oriented mindset
- Community outreach experience
- The ability to understand "What’s in it for others"
- Strong work ethic, appreciation for work, and a demonstrated understanding that there is no work beneath anybody.
- Be willing to be ultimately accountable and get the job done, even if you have to do it yourself
- Ability to stretch a dollar and appreciation that money "Doesn’t grow on trees"
- Have previously attended ChickTech events before
- Media and Photo Release
- Experience in promoting and recognizing others for their accomplishments
- Ability to say no
- Nice to Have
- Recruitment experience
- HR experience
- Sales, Business Development, or Fundraising Experience
The Volunteers Director(s) will manage a team of volunteers and have the following requirements and responsibilities:
- Leadership Team Responsibilities
- Commit to a one-year term
- Have 8-10 hours/week availability
- Sign a leadership team agreement describing expectations and responsibilities
- Be an external voice for ChickTech
- Attend monthly virtual or in-person leadership team meetings
- Chapter Development
- Assist with the long-term sustainability of the chapter by meeting a Chapter Development goal.
- Find opportunities to promote our work, volunteers, and impact in the community
- Oversee that volunteers that report to this role are making progress towards achieving their Chapter Development Goal and enforcing our Chapter Development policy.
- Promote our volunteers needs and opportunities
- Volunteer Recruitment and Onboarding
- Accountable for ensuring that events are staffed accordingly with enough committed volunteers
- Manage listings on Volunteer Match
- Work with Communications and Marketing teams to advertise and promote key volunteer vacancies
- Manage our application process ensuring that everyone follows our process
- Identify and attend in-person opportunities to recruit volunteers (e.g. tabling, speaking opportunities, friendraisers, etc.)
- Hold regular in-person ChickTech OC Volunteer Orientations across the county
- Ensure all volunteers complete required training
- Understand potential volunteers and why they want to volunteer for our organization and determine if they are a good fit
- Actively seek out opportunities to promote ChickTech and volunteer opportunities outside of our Volunteer Match postings and Social Media pages
- Volunteer Retention
- Ensure that volunteers are in compliance with our Chapter Development policy
- Organize volunteer appreciation events
- Identify methods for recognizing our volunteers internally and externally
- Creation of necessary referral documents
- Ensure that chapter is in compliance with volunteer requirements as determined by ChickTech National Headquarters
What’s In It For You:
- An opportunity to lead a growing organization and change lives for Women and Girls in Orange County
- The ability to build and strengthen your leadership skills outside of a traditional work setting.
- Opportunities to network and build relationships in the OC Tech and Education Industries
- Opportunities to network on a national level with leaders of our sister chapters across the globe
- Business growth and development experience
- Invitations to speak at events, serve on other leadership and advisory boards
- Opportunity to serve underserved and underrepresented youth in our community by providing them career and educational options and opportunities.
- Volunteer Appreciation Events
- Free admission to our ChickTech Careers Events
If you are interested, please complete the following. Applications that do not follow this process will not be considered.
- Fill out our Volunteer Application: https://airtable.com/shrmfeOTpwr0qfHk5
- Submit a cover letter to Christine Lambino-Cunliffe at email@example.com detailing the following:
- Your understanding of ChickTech and what problems we try to solve
- Your understanding of this role and how this role will influence the problems we try to solve in question 1.
- Your understanding of what are some of the unique challenges organizations such as ours face in recruiting and retaining volunteers
- Your interest and qualifications for this role in particular:
- Provide examples of previous work to support and retain women in tech
- Provide examples that demonstrate your understanding and commitment to employee or volunteer recruitment/retention
- What ChickTech events you have attended or volunteered at (mandatory for consideration for this role. If you have not attended a ChickTech event, you cannot apply until you have done so)
Please include a copy of your resume in your email.
If you are looking to take on this role for the sole purpose of adding it to your resume or to find a job, don’t apply . Leadership service for a nonprofit organization requires both a personal commitment and a time commitment, and we are no exception. We expect that the right person for this role will take the initiative to learn about us first (e.g. attend our events, be an active volunteer) and only after doing so, provide solution-oriented suggestions for growth and improvement. You will be asked to participate in 1-2 interviews with other Orange County leadership team members.
Expect about a 4-8 week onboarding process. During that time you will be introduced to our chapter and expected to learn the ins and outs of not only our Chapter, but the OC Tech Community as well as our peer organizations.
We will have you lead events and initiatives to expose you to the values and processes of our chapter and make sure you are willing to do the necessary work. You will also be required to learn our Chapter Development process and make progress towards your Chapter Development Goal before becoming part of the leadership team.
We'll work with your schedule.
Orange CountyIrvine, CA 92618
- Human Resources Diversity
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- 5-10 hours a week