Family Support Volunteer (Children's Advocacy Center)
DONATE TO THIS
36 people are interested
Safe Passage provides a safe, homelike environment for children to begin the healing process when they've experienced abuse. Children and families come to Safe Passage to tell their story and receive a team-driven approach from law enforcement, Dept of Human Services, and family advocates while keeping the best interest of the child at the forefront.
Services we provide include: Forensic interviews, forensic medical exams, victim advocacy, court prep & accompaniment, and educational support groups.
Family Support Volunteer duties include age appropriate and companionable playroom supervision and spending time with adolescent and teenage children. Volunteers are our obvious, visible presence in the waiting area for children and families. Duties will also include a variety of tasks related to our day-to-day functioning. Such as: basic cleaning, stocking, filing, toy disinfecting, and other projects as needed.
- Greeting and answering questions for families as they arrive at Safe Passage; becoming the obvious, visible presence in the waiting area for children, teens, and their families.
- Provide age appropriate and companionable playroom supervision, providing snacks, drinks, and playroom cleanup.
- Sitting and conversing with teens in the waiting area.
- Daily duties will include stocking snack/supplies, sanitizing toys and high traffic areas, emptying waste cans, sweeping entryways, watering plants, organizing and straightening guest and stock areas, and other tasks relating to our basic functioning.
- Other tasks may include but are not limited to: copying, shredding, addressing/stamping mailings, assembling pamphlets/handbooks, or assisting with general clerical duties.
- Taking initiative to find special/extra projects when there is downtime.
- Ability and willingness to accept the most effective role at any given time.
*We have an application and interview process which includes references and a background check.
Shifts are typically 9am-1pm, 11am-3pm, or 1-5pm on weekdays.
We ask for 4+ hours per week for a period of at least 6 months.
We invite you to find out more!
After submitting an inquiry, you'll receive an automated email from volunteer match with an application.
* PLEASE check your spam folder if you don't receive an application within 24 hours.
For questions, please contact:
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
423 S. Cascade AvenueSafe Passage Children's Advocacy CenterColorado Springs, CO 80903
- Child Development
- Child Care
- Special Needs
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hrs / week- flexible
- Sensitivity, Initiative, and Positive Attitude