Family Support Volunteer (Children's Advocacy Center)
DONATE TO THIS
64 people are interested
Safe Passage provides a safe, homelike environment for children to begin the healing process when they've experienced abuse. Children and families come to Safe Passage to tell their story and receive a team-driven approach from law enforcement, Dept of Human Services, and family advocates while keeping the best interest of the child at the forefront.
Services we provide include: Forensic interviews, forensic medical exams, victim advocacy, court prep & accompaniment, and educational support groups.
Family Support Volunteer duties include age appropriate and companionable playroom supervision and spending time with adolescent and teenage children. Volunteers are our obvious, visible presence in the waiting area for children and families. Duties will also include a variety of tasks related to our day-to-day functioning. Such as: basic cleaning, stocking, filing, toy disinfecting, and other projects as needed.
- Greeting and answering questions for families as they arrive at Safe Passage; becoming the obvious, visible presence in the waiting area for children, teens, and their families.
- Provide age appropriate and companionable playroom supervision, providing snacks, drinks, and playroom cleanup.
- Sitting and conversing with teens in the waiting area.
- Daily duties will include stocking snack/supplies, sanitizing toys and high traffic areas, emptying waste cans, sweeping entryways, watering plants, organizing and straightening guest and stock areas, and other tasks relating to our basic functioning.
- Other tasks may include but are not limited to: copying, shredding, addressing/stamping mailings, assembling pamphlets/handbooks, or assisting with general clerical duties.
- Taking initiative to find special/extra projects when there is downtime.
- Ability and willingness to accept the most effective role at any given time.
*We have an application and interview process which includes references and a background check.
Shifts are typically 8:00-12:30, 11:00-3:30, and 12:30-5:00 on weekdays.
We ask for 4+ hours per week for a period of at least 6 months.
We invite you to find out more!
After submitting an inquiry, you'll receive an automated email from volunteer match with an application.
* PLEASE check your spam folder if you don't receive an application within 24 hours.
For questions, please contact:
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Safe Passage
423 S. Cascade Ave., Colorado Springs, CO 80903, US
Safe Passage gives abused children a voice and enables the healing process by acting as the single source of contact for medical, investigative and legal services. Safe Passage serves children, from birth to the age of 18, as well as developmentally delayed adults, who are victims of sexual or physical abuse and/or are witnesses to violent crime(s).
Our center is focused on providing a friendly, safe and neutral environment for children and their parent(s) or guardian(s). We assist primarily in the investigation of child abuse cases by having our center available to all partner agencies including the Department of Human Services and law enforcement. We also have trained professionals that conduct the initial investigative forensic interview with child victims and we provide family support advocates to give information and referrals to family members. Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners are available to conduct forensically sound examinations of child abuse survivors. We also provide court preparation and court support for children who are needed to testify.
We'll work with your schedule.
423 S. Cascade AvenueSafe Passage Children's Advocacy CenterColorado Springs, CO 80903
May 14, 2020
- Child Development
- Child Care
- Special Needs
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hrs / week- flexible
- Sensitivity, Initiative, and Positive Attitude