Red Cross Blood Ambassador - Orange County, CA
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
19 people are interested
Do you like helping people and saving lives? As a Donor Ambassador you help provide professional customer service in a medical setting to make blood donors feel inspired to return. Help check-in blood donors, coordinate new appointments, answer FAQ and distribute snacks to blood donors. Blood drives are held throughout Orange County. Volunteer hours accumulated can be used to satisfy applicable class prerequisites, strengthen your skills, learn new skills or potentially lead to a recommendation letter resource.
* Manage the reception process by ensuring each donor is warmly greeted and assisted with initial intake according to the appointment priority system.
* Manage the hospitality experience by offering refreshments to donors, thanking them for their contribution, and alerting staff immediately if a donor shows signs of feeling unwell.
* Socialize and build relationships with blood donors to promote future blood donations
* Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately.
* Learn and share the Red Cross story, including the mission, vision, and values.
* Make reminder calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed.
* Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas.
* Two 4 or 6 hour shifts per month
* Professional, clear and diplomatic communication skills
* Punctual and dependable in arriving for shift
* Reliable transportation
Email, Call or Text Karla.Legorreta@redcross.org (714) 380-7263
About American Red Cross - Orange County
600 Park Center Dr., Santa Ana, CA 92705, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. People like you, serving as Blood Services Ambassadors helping to improve a blood donor's experience or serving as a Blood Driver, transporting life saving blood and blood product make a difference every day. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
600 Park Center Dr.Santa Ana, CA 92705
- Community Outreach
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- At least (2) 4-hour or 6-hour shift per month
- Daytime and evening availability, Red Cross training, volunteer orientation