Blood Donor Ambassador
13 people are interested
Do you like to help people and save lives? If so, the Blood Donor Ambassador role is for you! As a Donor Ambassador you help to provide excellent and professional customer service in a medical setting to enhance the blood donor experience. Blood drives are held throughout Orange County.
* Manage the reception process by ensuring each donor is warmly greeted and assisted with initial intake according to the appointment priority system.
* Manage the hospitality experience by offering refreshments to donors, thanking them for their contribution, and alerting staff immediately if a donor shows signs of feeling unwell.
* Engage with blood donors to promote blood donation and set the stage for a long-term commitment to regular blood donations.
* Exhibit five key courtesies: respect, compassion, communication, collaboration, competence.
* Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately.
* Learn and share the Red Cross story, including the mission, vision, and values.
* Make reminder calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed.
* Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas.
* One 4-6 hour shift per month for six months.
* Professional, clear and diplomatic communication skills.
* Comfortable approaching people you do not know.
* Punctual and dependable in arriving for assignment(s).
* Reliable transportation to blood drives throughout Orange County.
To volunteer, sign up online at: www.redcross.org/volunteer.
We'll work with your schedule.
600 Park Center Dr.Santa Ana, CA 92705
- Office Reception
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One 4-6 hour shift per month for six months
- Blood Donor Ambassador Training; reliable transportation to blood drives throughout Orange County