Activities Assistant for Adult Day and Community Program - Belfast
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
1 person is interested
Volunteers needed for Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 10:00-12:00 OR 12:00-2:00
To assist with planned sessions of therapeutic activities and provide general assistance
to our program’s frail, disabled and cognitively impaired adults.
DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Guides and assists program participants in planned group activities.
- Provides activities on a one on one basis.
- Assists with meals, serving, preparing food items, and cleanup.
About Spectrum Generations
1 Weston Ct, PO Box 2589, Augusta, ME 04338, US
Promoting life-long learning, health, wellness, nutrition, community engagement and social well-being of all older and disabled adults.
Spectrum Generations spans four decades as a leading nonprofit provider of innovative solutions to the challenges of meals, care-giving, counseling, socialization, wellness, and life-long learning to seniors, maturing adults, and the disabled. Our mission is to secure positive outcomes through at-home and community-based services in rural, city, and small town settings for vulnerable aging and disabled populations.
- Offers a variety of assistance and services to seniors and disabled adults and their families ranging from a friendly helping hand to trained care including Meals on Wheels, Adult DayBreak, Family Caregiver Services, Money Management, and Bridges Personal Services and Care Management.
- Provides information about questions and concerns on a wide variety of issues that impact adults including Maine Care, Medicare, money-saving benefits programs as well as referral services and community presentations.
- Encourages the passions of aging and/or disabled adults and their families for lifelong learning through programs, classes, and workshops at our seven community centers.
- Provides opportunities and connections to participate in rewarding experiences such as social dining, travel, fitness and wellness programs, special events, and volunteer opportunities.