4 people are interested
Volunteer Meal on Wheels Drivers - Belfast
ORGANIZATION: Spectrum Generations
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
PURPOSE: A Volunteer Driver is anyone who transports meals and/or clients to and from planned events. The driver who transports meals takes the meals from the food source to the patron’s home and may transport donated food from a local supermarket.
DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
* Picking up food donations from local store and delivering to a Center
* Delivering a hot, nutritious noon time meal to home bound seniors
* Act as a safety "check-in" person for home bound seniors
* Reporting to Spectrum Generations if recipient does not answer their door
* Transporting consumers to and from scheduled activities and events
About Spectrum Generations
1 Weston Ct, PO Box 2589, Augusta, ME 04338, US
Promoting life-long learning, health, wellness, nutrition, community engagement and social well-being of all older and disabled adults.
Spectrum Generations spans four decades as a leading nonprofit provider of innovative solutions to the challenges of meals, care-giving, counseling, socialization, wellness, and life-long learning to seniors, maturing adults, and the disabled. Our mission is to secure positive outcomes through at-home and community-based services in rural, city, and small town settings for vulnerable aging and disabled populations.
- Offers a variety of assistance and services to seniors and disabled adults and their families ranging from a friendly helping hand to trained care including Meals on Wheels, Adult DayBreak, Family Caregiver Services, Money Management, and Bridges Personal Services and Care Management.
- Provides information about questions and concerns on a wide variety of issues that impact adults including Maine Care, Medicare, money-saving benefits programs as well as referral services and community presentations.
- Encourages the passions of aging and/or disabled adults and their families for lifelong learning through programs, classes, and workshops at our seven community centers.
- Provides opportunities and connections to participate in rewarding experiences such as social dining, travel, fitness and wellness programs, special events, and volunteer opportunities.
Waldo Community Center18 Merriam RoadBelfast, ME 04915
December 6, 2023
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Tuesdays 10:00am to 1:00pm