5 people are interested
Local Disaster Volunteer Responders Needed in Schuylkill County
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Greater Pennsylvania Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
To serve on a Disaster Action Team as a worker on a DAT response to provide 24-hour immediate support and assistance to individuals and families who have been impacted by a home fire or other local disaster.
Key Responsibilities: Works as part of an assigned team to respond to local disasters within two hours.
- Has access to RC Care and can directly enter case data.
- Works with on-scene lead to assess whether additional resources/support are required and communicates those needs to DAT Leadership.
- Attends regularly scheduled team/DAT meetings as required by Chapter/Region.
- Commits to being available during assigned shifts and communicates scheduling conflicts with DAT Leadership.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by DAT Leadership.
- Demonstrated commitment to mission of the American Red Cross
- Must be 18 years old
- Remains current with all required training.
- Able to respond reliably to local disasters when on call.
- Able to follow Red Cross DAT and other related standards and procedures.
- Reliable access to technology (including smartphone and laptop or computer)
- Ability to learn and use Red Cross systems, including RC Care and RC Respond and online interfaces.
- Ability to work in challenging and stressful conditions such as poor air quality, uneven ground, adverse weather, etc.
- Must have a valid driver's license and/or a timely, reliable way to get to the scene.
- Ability to take direction from steady state and operational leadership.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Stand for two-hour periods
- Sit for two-hour periods
- Walk on uneven terrain
- Walk for two miles during a shift
- Work in extreme heat and/or humidity
- Work in extreme cold
- Spend hours writing
- Speak clearly on the phone and in person
- Climb two or more flights of stairs
- Drive in daytime and at night
To get started as a Red Cross volunteer, please visit: https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=lead&a=1874&h=193&p=592563
About American Red Cross - Greater Pennsylvania Region
701 Centre Ave., Reading, PA 19601, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross exists to provide compassionate care to those in need. Our network of generous donors, volunteers and employees share a mission of preventing and relieving suffering, here at home and around the world, through five key service areas:
Supporting America's Military Families
Collect lifesaving blood
Health and Safety
Schuylkill County`Pottsville, PA 17901
June 27, 2022
- Disaster Response
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- one to two on-call shifts per month. You will be asked to provide your availability and will receive a call if a fire/emergency occurs during that time period
- Volunteers applying for in-person position assignments must be fully vaccinated. Instructions to provide information and supporting documentation of vaccination will be provided once you submit your application.