8 people are interested
The American Red Cross’ Feeding function provides meals, snacks, and beverages to individuals and families in communities impacted by man-made and natural disasters, ranging from the single-family fire to large-scale events, such as tornadoes, hurricanes, and floods. Feeding includes the preparation, coordination, and delivery of meals through the following methods:
- Congregate feeding - providing meals and beverages in a shelter.
- Outreach feeding - providing meals and beverages by one of two methods:
- Fixed (non-shelter) - serving clients at a designated location in or near a disaster-affected area
- Mobile - serving clients by using emergency response vehicles and other designated vehicles that travel throughout affected communities.
- Canteening - providing snacks, beverages, and in some instances, meals, to first responders, shelter clients, and others who need their nutrition needs met outside of scheduled meal times.
Feeding Associates assist the Red Cross by helping to develop and expand our list of feeding partners as part of disaster preparedness.
- Will be part of the feeding team with the purpose of expanding our feeding partnerships and capacity.
- Assist with contacting and follow-up with potential feeding vendors.
- Developing feeding partnerships and obtaining feeding requests for proposals (RFP).
- Opportunity to help maintain feeding database of our vendors.
Sign-up to volunteer today at www.redcross.org/volunteer nd=rco_opportunity_browse_list or email questions to Kori Ahola at Kori.Ahola@redcross.org
About American Red Cross Coachella Valley/Morongo Basin Chapter
39665 Entrepreneur Lane, Palm Desert, CA 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
he American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
We'll work with your schedule.
39665 Entrepreneur LanePalm Desert, CA 92211
- Event Management
- Food & Beverage Services
- People Skills
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Food Service
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training