Preparedness Education Presentation Associate
2 people are interested
The Preparedness Education Presentation Associate helps people prevent, prepare for and respond to emergencies and disasters by giving educational presentations on local disasters and preparedness.
- Promote and conduct disaster and preparedness education presentations in the community
- Verbally customize presentations for effectiveness and applicability to group
- Report outcomes and number of attendees
- Continue training and education on a regular basis to keep knowledge base current
- Answer questions about the Red Cross and refer the public to resources the Red Cross provides
- Pick up, transport and return required presentation tools, equipment and printed materials in a timely manner
- Distribute educational materials
Time Commitment: Approximately three to four hours per presentation (includes travel, setup and presentation). Suggest making presentations a minimum of once a month at the start, to hone skills and keep
knowledge and presentation skills sharp.
- Commitment to Red Cross mission
- Excellent communications skills
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn, Red Cross programs and services
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn, disaster preparedness skills
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn how to use audiovisual equipment (e.g. laptop, computer, overhead projectors, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Access to transportation
- Current and valid drivers’ license, if driving to presentations
- Dependable and punctual
Sign-up to volunteer today at www.redcross.org/volunteer or email questions to Kori Ahola at Kori.Ahola@redcross.org (760) 574-4629.
We'll work with your schedule.
39665 Entrepreneur LanePalm Desert, CA 92211
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Safety & Disaster Education
- General Education
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training