7 people are interested
Preparedness Education Presentation Associate (SPANISH SPEAKERS NEEDED)
7 people are interested
The Preparedness Education Presentation Associate helps people prevent, prepare for and respond to emergencies and disasters by giving educational presentations on local disasters and preparedness.
- Promote and conduct disaster and preparedness education presentations in the community
- Verbally customize presentations for effectiveness and applicability to group
- Report outcomes and number of attendees
- Continue training and education on a regular basis to keep knowledge base current
- Answer questions about the Red Cross and refer the public to resources the Red Cross provides
- Pick up, transport and return required presentation tools, equipment and printed materials in a timely manner
- Distribute educational materials
Time Commitment: Approximately three to four hours per presentation (includes travel, setup and presentation). Suggest making presentations a minimum of once a month at the start, to hone skills and keep
knowledge and presentation skills sharp.
- Commitment to Red Cross mission
- Excellent communications skills
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn, Red Cross programs and services
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn, disaster preparedness skills
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn how to use audiovisual equipment (e.g. laptop, computer, overhead projectors, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Access to transportation
- Current and valid drivers’ license, if driving to presentations
- Dependable and punctual
If interested in volunteering, please contact Volunteer Recruitment Specialist, Christopher Fielder at Christopher.Fielder@redcross.org or (951) 264-7730.
About American Red Cross, Riverside County Chapter
6235 River Crest Drive, Suite A, Riverside, CA 92507, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
he American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
39665 Entrepreneur LanePalm Desert, CA 92211
October 5, 2021
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Safety & Disaster Education
- General Education
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training