Disaster Mental Health Associate
Disaster Mental Health Associates respond to the psychosocial needs of people affected by a disaster, including Red Cross disaster workers, across the continuum of disaster preparedness, response and recovery.
- Willingness to support Red Cross Mission
- Identifying mental health needs through individual psychological triage and mental health surveillance.
- Promoting of resilience and coping, including enhanced psychological first aid (EPFA), individual psychoeducation, community level support and community resilience training.
- Providing targeted disaster mental health interventions, including secondary assessment and
- referrals, crisis intervention, casualty support and advocacy.
Flexible. Volunteers can work locally to respond to the needs of victims affected in local house fires, can participate in local preparations and exercises, and can deploy to help with local or national disasters.
- Must be a either: a current school psychologist, a current school counselor, a current psychiatric nurse, or a licensed mental health professional--hold a current, unencumbered license from, or is registered with, any U.S. state or territory as a social worker, psychologist, professional counselor, marriage and family therapist, or psychiatrist (any level license/registration, including non-clinical licenses such as Licensed Masters Social Worker or LMSW).
- Collaborative, assertive and flexible working style.
- Ability to participate and contribute in regular meetings.
- Demonstrates the ability to engage in constructive and proactive problem-solving.
- Knowledge of Disaster Mental Health activity guidance.
Sign-up to volunteer today at www.redcross.org/vounteer nd=rco_opportunity_browse_list or email questions to Kori Ahola at Kori.Ahola@redcross.org or (760)574-4629
We'll work with your schedule.
39665 Entrepreneur LanePalm Desert, CA 92211
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Crisis Counseling
- Occupational Therapy
- Social Work
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training