Fraternity / Sorority Inner-City Detroit Volunteer Opportunity
Urban Development Corporation
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
3 people are interested
Urban Development Corporation (UDC) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of low to moderate income families who live in Detroit. We are focused and committed to bringing stabilization, revitalization and sustainability to our targeted 9-block area on the N.E. Side of Detroit.
We've been engaged in hosting numerous group clean-up blitzes which entitle: grass cutting and edging, trimming of brushes, vegetation removal, weedwacking, trimming of brushes , rototilling, grass seeding, etc. Also, UDC is rehabbing a house within our targeted area.
UDC is calling upon Fraternities / Sororities Chapters to aid in our efforts of improving inner-city Detroit neighborhoods. We are asking that you lend a helping hand by scheduling a day and time to bring a group out with a willing heart to volunteer for 4 hours and have lots of fun while doing so. All tools and equipment needed for volunteer opportunities will be provided and performed utilizing social distancing and the wearing of face mask.
About Urban Development Corporation
2727 Second Avenue, Suite 129, Detroit, MI 48201, US
Improve the quality of life and bring about positive life-style changing experiences of low to moderate income families who live in urban communities. In carrying out our mission Urban Development Corporation serves as a catalyst in the revitalization of communities through the development of activities and programs which promote clean, drug-free, healthy, safe and enjoyable family lifestyles.
The uniqueness of our organization is our willingness to address counter productive behaviors which plague many urban communities, they include: random gunshot firing, slum lording, illegal dumping, liquor stores on nearly every corner, vandalism, and the selling of illicit drugs. These activities are major contributing factors to the rapid deterioration of inner city neighborhoods and lead to a large number of eyesore houses having to be torn down.
Our efforts are currently concentrated in the following areas:
- Beautification and clean-up of inner city neighborhoods.
- Substance abuse awareness and prevention.
- Broadening the horizon of inner city youth through exposure to future career opportunities, the fine arts, and recreational activities.
- Acquisition and renovation of deteriorating properties.
- Unemployment and underemployment.
- Addressing environmental pollution concerns and issues.
- Serving as a liaison between residents, businesses; local police and municipalities to alleviate illegal activity.
- Rehab of our donated building which will be utilized as a community/employment center.