Visual Storyteller Associate
3 people are interested
Assist the Red Cross in delivering its mission by taking and sharing photos and/or video to showcase the Red Cross at work, both in disaster and non-disaster times.
* Collaborate with Communications Leadership to identify and carry out ways to tell the Red Cross story
* Take photos and/or video at events, trainings and disasters in accordance with Red Cross brand standards
* Capture portraits, candids and/or studio shots to tell the Red Cross story of service delivery
* Cull, edit, caption and upload your photos/video to online sharing accounts; share select photos in a timely manner (typically same day or within 24 hours) with chapter/regional communications leadership and the social media team
* Share photos/video on social media, when appropriate
* Coordinate with chapter social media leads to share your team's videos and photos on social media or Red Cross sites.
* Treat all clients, volunteers and partners with dignity and respect - always obtaining required photo releases.
* Organize and deliver photo/video documentation, captions, quotes and photo releases.
* Work with communications team to identify daily priorities to share visual story.
* Deploy to the scene to seek out opportunities for photos/videos.
NOTE: all photographs and video become the property of the American Red Cross following
Typically 12-16 hours per month - flexible and dependent on individual projects and local disaster responses.
Roughly 4-8 hours per day during a disaster.
* Prior experience in photography and/or video required.
* Ability to be on call during disaster situations as needed to manage volunteers and secure photos/videos
* Willingness to take photos/video of non-disaster stories
* Excellent photography/video techniques and abilities
* Ability to upload photos/video to online sites
* Ability to meet deadlines - often same day or within 24 hours
* Ability to communicate in a friendly and engaging manner
* Willingness to interview subjects to provide detailed caption information
* Experience with social media a plus
* Video editing a plus Submit samples for review prior to placement
ToVolunteer please sign up online at www.redcross.org/volunteer questions? contact Kori Ahola at KOri.Ahola@redcross.org or 760547-4629
About American Red Cross Coachella Valley/Morongo Basin Chapter
39665 Entrepreneur Lane, Palm Desert, CA 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
he American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
We'll work with your schedule.
39665 Entrepreneur LanePalm Desert, CA 92211
- Disaster Response
- Online Flash/Video Production
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Graphic Design / Print
- Video Production
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training