Join our Legacy Event Volunteer Committee!
2 people are interested
LEGACY EVENT VOLUNTEER COMMITTEE
The Legacy: Honoring, Celebrating, Advancing Event is held annually at the Marriott Syracuse Downtown. A fundraising cocktail party to benefit the Alzheimer’s Association, Central New York Chapter.
WHAT IS THE GOAL?
To engage longtime donors and new donor prospects in a meaningful manner while increasing the capacity of the Chapter.
More than 5 million Americans have Alzheimer’s disease and over 15 million others serve as dementia care partners. We want to honor the legacy of those who have worked on this cause for decades, celebrate those who champion it today and advance our legacy to those new to the association as we work to achieve our vision of a world without Alzheimer’s.
Committee Member Responsibilities:
- Identify and solicit Legacy sponsors to cover food/beverage and other event expenses.
- Promote the event to our current donors and prospective donors in the community.
- Being available day of the event - May 16, 2019.
- Participating completely during the event: Registration, setting up décor, etc.
- Assists development director with mailing event invitations and following up with invitees.
- Determine which decorations are needed based on our theme.
- Coordinate table settings, place cards, centerpieces, etc.
- Enthusiasm for the work of the Alzheimer’s Association and its mission.
- Ability to commit a min. of 4 hours monthly
- Creative when looking for new opportunities to engage guests and build the event
- Knowledge in event/gala planning and fundraising is helpful but not necessary
- Capable of cultivating relationships
We'll work with your schedule.
441 W. Kirkpatrick StreetSyracuseSyracuse, NY 13204
- Donor Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours minimum per month