Social Media Coordinator
3 people are interested
Since 2012 Project Paws Alive has been providing vital protective equipment to underfunded K9 units nationwide. We service Law Enforcement, Fire, Search & Rescue and Military K9 teams. Equipment donated includes but is not limited to: ballistic vests, cooling vests, first aid kits, vehicle heat alarms, and oxygen mask kits. The need for this equipment continues to grow exponentially every year and we are seeking volunteers to help make an impact on these K9's lives.
Social Media Coordinator needed:
This volunteer position is responsible for working closely with our VP to maximize our visibility and engagement online. Platforms include (but are not limited to) Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Google+. Duties include helping to identify subject matter for posts, creating and coordinating our social media posts, helping us stay attuned to social media advancements, and related tasks. Time commitment is flexible and this is a remote opportunity.
- Research and identify subject matter for posts
- Ensure posts support our mission
- Prepare and submit social media posts using our accounts and applications
- Recommend best practices and opportunities for us to improve our processes
- Current use and knowledge of social media
- Experience with how social media platforms work and how to use them
- Experience with Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram required
- Experience with Pinterest and Google+ is beneficial but not required
- Excellent communication/writing skills and strong organizational skills
- Self-starter, able to use independent judgment and take initiative
- Must have access to your own computer, email, and phone
Please note that all volunteers must submit to a criminal background check.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Internet Research
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training