Administrative Support Intern - Families and Communities Together (FaCT)
3 people are interested
Families and Communities Together (FaCT) is a program that oversees and supports a network of Family Resource Centers (FRCs) located throughout Orange County’s highest-risk communities, providing the communities with essential family support services, education and resources. FaCT is administered by the County of Orange Social Services Agency, in partnership with the FaCT Coalition, a collaboration between three regional organizations - Charitable Ventures of Orange County, the Olin Group and the Orange County Alliance for Children and Families. This public-private partnership provides strategic direction to increase services, promote best practices and ensure sustainability of the growing network. FaCT works to strengthen prevention and intervention services designed to reduce the risk of child abuse and neglect. Through partnerships, FaCT strengthens our community by supporting a network of FRCs and community agencies dedicated to promoting stronger family systems.
Duties may include assisting staff with one or more of the following projects:
- Assist with FaCT general phone line - bilingual skills are a plus, but not required.
- Assist with website updates, i.e. monthly FRC calendars.
- Conduct research and analysis and draft reports/findings on special projects.
- Assist with the coordination, preparation, set up and presentation of material and equipment needs for events such as meetings, training, conferences, etc.
- Track and update presentation and outreach materials.
- Prepare electronic files, reports, spreadsheets, OUtlook address book and distribution list and PowerPoint presentations.
- Participate in day-to-day operations.
Internship is best suited for college students or recent graduates with an interest in pursuing a career in the public sector and/or in gaining experience within an office/administrative environment.
Skills, Training or Qualifications:
FaCT is seeking applicants with the following qualifications:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Highly organized and dependable;
- Eager to gain professional experience;
- Able to complete assignments in a timely manner;
- Reliable, outgoing and able to work independently;
- Experienced in Internet use and Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher and Outlook;
- Bilingual skills a plus, but not required;
- Experience with community outreach and community programs a plus, but not required; and
- Reliable transportation.
Minimum 10 - 20 hours per week for 3 or more months. Hours must be scheduled during normal business hours (Monday - Friday between 8 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.). Occasional attendance during evening and weekend outreach events may be required. Applicants able to schedule the maximum hours/duration listed for the internship typically gain a more in-depth experience.
Benefits Available to Intern:
Although this is an unpaid internship that does not lead to paid employment or include employee benefits, students and recent graduates are offered an excellent opportunity to:
- Build resumes/work history and explore career options.
- Apply skills and knowledge acquired in an academic setting to the workplace.
- If applicable, fulfill college/university internship requirements.
- Network with professionals from more than 30 partner organizations throughout Orange County.
- Make a positive contribution to the community.
- Learn about family strengthening and support service programs and county, city and community organizations.
- Increase knowledge of Social Services Agency’s programs and protocols.
- Develop customer service and listening skills.
How to Apply:
Please email a resume, cover letter and unofficial transcript to CountyofOrangeInterns@ocgov.com. The cover letter is an opportunity for students/recent graduates to describe career and academic goals, to elaborate upon personal and academic accomplishments, to share areas of interest that relate to the internship and to identify what type of internship experience they are seeking.
We'll work with your schedule.
Lansdowne RoadTustin, CA 92782
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Administrative Support
- Youth Services
- Social Work
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 19
- 10 - 20 hours per week
- Must be a college student or recent college graduate.