Volunteer Dispatchers - Daytime & Evening Positions
6 people are interested
Help seniors and adults with visual impairments access healthcare, consumer, social and recreational activities, events, and opportunities, thus allowing them to maintain mobility and quality of life in Southern Delaware and allowing them to maintain independence and age in place.
Work with like-minded volunteers providing arm-through-arm, door-through-door personalized ride services to members.
- Learn cloud-based software system to match/schedule daily drivers and riders.
- Job requires basic data entry skills, knowledge of excel, Adobe, and the ability to learn computer software.
- Ability to use Google Maps, Gmail, Sheets or Google Docs, and Google Voice or Hangouts a big plus!
- Outstanding customer service skills an absolute must!
- Background check required.
Opportunity to work from home.
Earn credits in a personal transportation account for your own use.
About ITN Southern Delaware
26412 Broadkill Rd., Suite 1A, Milton, DE 19968, US
ITN Southern Delaware strives to provide sustainable, community-based and community supported transportation services for seniors 55+ and adults with visual impairments throughout Sussex County by building a transportation cooperative network and promoting lifelong safety and mobility.
Transitioning from driver to passenger isn’t easy, but it is less stressful when there is a transportation alternative that keeps the older adult in control. ITN Southern Delaware is a non-profit organization committed to providing safe, reliable transportation services. ITN members pay an annual membership fee and open a debit account to pay for rides. When they pick up the telephone to schedule a ride, they are not asking a favor, they are maintaining their mobility and independence. ITN can be the key that allows them to age in place.
ITN provides superior customer service with an arm-through-arm, door-through-door standard that sets them apart from DART, DAST, taxis and new online app services. Rides are available 24/7 with no restriction to purpose, and customers have an option to ride alone or with others.
- Membership based co-op for 55+ and visually impaired adults
- Service area - Southern Delaware
- No money exchanges hands with driver, no tipping allowed
- Fares are half the cost of a comparable taxi ride
- Monthly statements
- Ride share discounts
- Can accommodate canes, walkers, portable wheelchairs
- Volunteers drive around their own schedule
- Volunteers accrue credits for miles driven or hours worked. Credits used for rides, saved for future, transferred to a loved one, or donated back to ITN
We'll work with your schedule.
26412 Broadkill RdSuite 1AMilton, DE 19968
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Google Apps
- Transportation Management
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 50
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 5 hrs, 1 day per week, occasional weekend/evening on-call
- Phone Skills, Customer Service Oriented, Organized, Compassionate, Basic Level Computer Skills, Ability/desire to drive in urgent situations is a Plus.