Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
ITN Southern Delaware strives to provide sustainable, community-based and community supported transportation services for seniors 55+ and adults with visual impairments throughout Sussex County by building a transportation cooperative network and promoting lifelong safety and mobility.
ITN Southern Delaware provides dignified transportation services. Older adults who join ITN become dues-paying members of a non-profit organization committed to their independence and mobility. When they pick up the telephone to schedule a ride, they are not asking a favor. The transition from the driver's seat to the passenger seat is never easy for the drivers or for their families, but it is infinitely easier when there is a viable transportation alternative that keeps the older adult in control.
ITN is consumer oriented; providing excellent customer service with the arm-through-arm, door-to-door standard that sets us apart from DART, DAST, taxis and the new online app services. Service is available 24/7 and customers schedule rides in advance or as needed with the option to ride alone or with others.
- Membership based - persons 55 years and older and the visually impaired 21 years and older can join
- ITN is supported by private, rather than public resources
- Affordable fares - half the price of a comparable taxi ride
- Available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day for any purpose
- Arm-through-arm, door-through-door service and help with packages
- No money is exchanged in the vehicle, no tipping permitted
- Riders pre-fund a personal transportation account
- Uses automobiles, rather than vans or buses
- Rides may be booked at any time
- Discounts for shared rides