Social Media Intern with OC Human Resources
6 people are interested
Orange County Human Resource Services (HRS) Recruitment Services develops information about job opportunities and identifies ways to promote job openings to attract qualified candidates for specific positions and promote the County of Orange as an employer of choice.
- Develop templates and custom social media posts promoting, employment opportunities to be posted on social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Research and draft various employment-related topic posts.
- Develop content for social media using, graphic-design tools such as Canva, Photoshop or other graphic design software.
- Develop promotional materials (e.g., flyers for job fairs etc.).
- Actively monitor social media sites, update posts and ongoing social media content.
- Evaluate effectiveness of social media sites, summarize key indicators, identify trends and make recommendations to increase outreach and participation.
This internship is best suited for college students or recent graduates who have completed coursework or gained experience personally or professionally in marketing, public relations, communications, journalism, social media, graphic design, community relations or related fields.
Skills, Training or Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong written and communication skills, have knowledge of and experience using social media to promote a brand, program or organization; experience in MS Office publications, audiences for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Hootesuite. Interns must be able to demonstrate enthusiasm for the creative application of supporting visuals in the form of memes, gifs, Boomerang, Hyperlapse, live broadcasting, etc. in an applied setting within County guidelines.
Flexible schedules are available that consist of 10 - 20 hours per week for 8 - 12 weeks. Hours must be scheduled during regular business hours (Monday - Friday between 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.). Interns able to schedule the maximum hours/duration listed for the internship typically gain a more in-depth experience.
Benefits Available to Intern:
Although this is an unpaid internship that does not lead to paid employment or include employee benefits, students and recent graduates are offered an excellent opportunity to:
- Learn about social media management in the context of a government agency;
- Provide significant strategic and creative contributions toward the development of social media activities;
- Build resumes and work history;
- Explore career options;
- Apply skills and knowledge to the workplace;
- Fulfill college/university internship requirements;
- Network in their fields of interest with professionals who are dedicated to making a positive difference in Orange County; and
- Intern with one of the premier employers in the region.
Required Background Screening:
Prior to placement, the applicant will be asked to undergo a LiveScan criminal record check through the California Department of Justice that requires a Social Security number and state-issued driver's license or identification card. References may also be contacted to verify the applicant’s qualifications.
How to Apply:
In addition to the application requirement that can be accessed at the link listed below, prospective interns must provide a portfolio or examples of their social media knowledge/experience and/or work.
Please email a resume, cover letter and unofficial transcript to CountyofOrangeInterns@ocgov.com. The cover letter is an opportunity for students/recent graduates to describe career and academic goals, to elaborate upon personal and academic accomplishments, to share areas of interest that relate to the internship and to identify what type of internship experience they are seeking. Please include GPA, preferred start and end dates for the internship, number of hours that can be scheduled on a weekly basis and days/timeframes available to schedule internship hours.
We'll work with your schedule.
333 West Santa Ana Blvd.Santa Ana, CA 92701
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Social Media / Blogging
- Graphic Design
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Must be at least 19
- 10 - 20 hours per week for 8 - 12 weeks.
- College student or recent college graduate