Help Connect Families With Resources (Lakeland)
14 people are interested
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of families?
* Do you have a heart for showing compassion to others?
* Are you an adult who is willing to volunteer a minimum of 3 hours/week?
* Volunteers will receive Orientation for this assignment.
* Family Advocates are volunteers (also great opportunity for volunteer interns majoring in Social Services, Religion, Human Resources - (interviewing), etc. to gain experience) who are assigned a family to meet with monthly at One More Child’s Offices.
* One More Child is an extension program of the Florida Baptist Children’s Home, that offers a Family Support program to assist families living at home who are struggling to have their basic needs met.
* Family Advocates help their assigned families set goals, connect them with social service and religious resources, and provide scheduled follow-up to track their progress in the program. They are kind of like a "Family Coach/Cheerleader"!
Your services of assisting these families, may have lasting positive impacts on their children and generations to come. A minimum of six additional Family Advocates are needed.
About Volunteer Polk
1290 Golfview Avenue, Bartow, FL 33830, US
Volunteer Polk’s Mission We mobilize volunteers and resources to improve the quality of life for people throughout Polk County.
Polk County volunteers are seeking to:
- Make A Difference,
- Meet Others, and/or to
- Maximize their Career Skills - while assisting various agencies in County government.
Assignments are targeted to make a difference in the areas of:
- Education -STEM
- Economic Development & Community
- Health & Nutrition
- Public Safety
You may choose to volunteer once-a-week or once-in-a-while!
We'll work with your schedule.
FL Bapt. Children's Homes/One More Child -1015 Sikes Blvd.LakelandLakeland, FL 33815
- Child Welfare
- Case Work / Management
- Family Therapy
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible days/hours according to your availability within the hours of operation M-F 9:00 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- There is a volunteer cost of $24 for the Background Screen.