URGENT NEED FOR SENIOR MEAL SITE VOLUNTEERS - Age 55 and over
5 people are interested
We have an urgent need for meal site volunteers at three (3) senior Congregate Meal Sites:
- Parkland - Monday and Friday
- Tacoma - Monday through Friday
- Puyallup,- Monday, Wednesday and Friday
Meal sites serve lunch at noon and the volunteers arrive around 11 AM, this is a 2 - 3 hour shift
If you are 60 years or older, you can enjoy a lunch on the day that you volunteer!
- Cooking/Kitchen Aide - (Assist Meal Site Manager with prepping and serving the meal and/or maintaining kitchen cleanliness) NEEDS FOOD HANDLERS CARD
- Dishwasher/Dishwasher Aide (Assist Meal Site Manager in ensuring all dishes and equipment are washed, sanitized, dried and stored after utilized)
- Host/Hostess and Registrar (Assist the Meal Site Manager in collection of administrative and monetary details for the report of attendees)
- Service/Waiter and Beverage Server (Assist the Meal Site Manager in serving the meal)
- Table Setter (Assist the Meal Site Manager in table setting for meal)
Questions, call 253.722.5695
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE RSVP (RETIRED AND SENIOR VOLUNTEER PROGRAM)
RSVP (Retired and Senior Volunteer Program) is the nation's largest network for volunteers age 55 and over. The growing segment of our older population is vital to strengthening our communities through their interest in helping others. As an RSVP volunteer, you are strengthening the positive impact people 55 and older have in our communities. Our focus is to incorporate meaningful volunteer opportunities that provide purpose and a way to give back to the community.
RSVP offers maximum flexibility and choice to its volunteers as it matches their personal interests with opportunities to serve in their communities.
Current RSVP volunteer positions include local food banks, congregate meal sites, non-profit thrift stores (shopping assistants, sorters, warehouse assistant, truck assistants, retail assistants, assemble furniture in a fully equipped build shop), assisting immigrants, English as a Second Language (ESL), reading/enrichment/tutoring/ mentorship groups , construction volunteers (no experience required), and Immigration Intern and positions working for those with English as a Second Language (ESL), throughout the Greater Tacoma, Puyallup, Graham, Lakewood and Gig Harbor Peninsula.
We are continually bringing on new and unique volunteer opportunities.
RSVP is sponsored by Lutheran Community Services Northwest, a private, not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of the people it serves.
INTERESTED or have questions? Please email or call and we will mail or email an RSVP application for you to complete.
About Lutheran Community Services
223 N. Yakima Avenue, Tacoma, WA 98403, US
Lutheran Community Services Northwest partners with individuals, families and communities for health, justice and hope.
Lutheran Community Services Northwest, in Pierce and Kitsap County, focuses on services for seniors, including Caregiver Support, Home Care, Meals on Wheels, RSVP (Retired and Senior Volunteer Program), Senior Friends, and Senior Companion Program. In addition, the Kitsap County office has a Navy Respite program and the Pierce County Office has a Refugee Resettlement and Placement Program, and Senior Media Services.
We'll work with your schedule.
PuyallupTacomaParklandTacoma, WA 98409
- Food Service
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours
- food handler's card required for cooking?kitchen aide