424 people are interested
424 people are interested
We are looking for an outstanding Web Developer to be responsible for enhancing the design and layout of our website.
About the opportunity:
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site.
- Work closely with our designers and marketing team to match visual design intent.
- Use scripting or authoring languages, management tools, content creation tools, applications and digital media.
- Confer with teams to resolve conflicts, prioritize needs, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Plan, direct and/or perform website updates.
- Develop or validate test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
- Identify problems uncovered by volunteer or visitor feedback and testing, and correcting or referring problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Determine user needs by analyzing technical requirements.
- Must have a solid foundation of HTML/CSS.
- WordPress experience or willingness to learn.
- CRM or CiviCRM experience is a plus.
- Must be able to commit at least 15 hours per week for at least one year.
- You are passionate about all things tech!
What’s in it for you?
- Work closely with our Webmaster to learn new skills and develop existing ones.
- Receive a personal recommendation on LinkedIn from our president and other volunteers.
- Flexibility - we’ll work with your schedule!
About Hearts and Minds
146 West 29th Street, Suite 7E, New York, NY 10001, US
Hearts and MindsSM works to help end extreme global poverty more quickly and cost effectively with programs that get to the roots of this major challenge. We accomplish this through public education, advocacy and lobbying for foreign aid and foreign policy reforms in the United States and eventually in other wealthy nations.
For many years, we provided tens of millions of people with inspiration and information to make a difference on major challenges including poverty, the environment, human rights, addictions, psychological and physical challenges. We’ve provided over 600 individuals with hands-on vocational experience.
Our focus now is helping end extreme global poverty. We’re revamping our website for this major expansion of our work.
Why volunteer with us?
- Flexible hours - we’ll work with your schedule!
- Develop skills with your choice of hands-on activities in our wide range of working groups.
- Friendly office - you can work directly with our president and other professionals.
For many activities, we require at least a year of experience. Except for those with high-level professional skills, we ask most volunteers to average at least 15 hours a week for at least a month. Some exceptions are possible.
146 West 29th Street, Suite 7ENew York, NY 10001
November 15, 2021
- Basic Computer Skills
- IT Consulting
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training