Open your heart and home Bonner Springs- Host an exchange student
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
We need you!
Have you ever dreamed about experiencing another culture?
Exchange students enrich the lives of their host families, peers, teachers, and the entire community! Hosting is an amazing experience and an unforgettable time for the whole family. Most people walk away with a new member of the family, new traditions and menu ideas, great memories and a vacation invitation from abroad!
Our students bring their own spending money and insurance and totally integrate within the family; they are not a guest! You can expect them to do chores like American teenagers and participate in all of your usual family activities. One member of the host family can also earn the Presidential Volunteer Service Award and that looks great on college or job applications!
- Bring own spending money and health insurance
- Have good English skills,
- Are highly screened for suitability for the program
- Are excited to meet their American family!
Host family responsibilities
- Ensure a safe and nurturing home environment for the student
- Provide students with a room (can be shared with a host sibling) his/her own bed and adequate storage.
- 3 meals per day and transportation for extracurricular activities.
- Give love and support to the student.
- Explore cultural differences and similarities.
- Families with or without children are accepted.
- Share the American Dream
Share your family's customs and lifestyle and learn about traditions from another culture!
We'll work with your schedule.
1029 SW WashingtonBonner Springs, KS 66012
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Youth Services
- General Education
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- 1 month, 5 months or 10 months