13 people are interested
Special Events Manager for Local Non-Profit
ORGANIZATION: RUKUNDO INTERNATIONAL INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
13 people are interested
The Special Events Manager leads the planning and coordination of in-person fundraising events for the organization.Responsibilities
- Plans and coordinates special fundraising events, including the management of vendors, donors, and volunteers that support the events, and successfully leads the event the day-of, meeting budget and expectations.
- Leads the Special Events Planning Committee, which supports the special events planning and execution.
- Supports the Director of Development in developing and implementing an annual action plan for special fundraising events, including outlining resources and budget needed to support events.
- Evaluates the special events (resource and planning compared with the fundraising achieved), and communicates assessments to the Director of Development.
- Works with the Communications Team for the development of any materials or communications to support special events activities.
- Promotes a positive and professional relationship with vendors, donors, and volunteers, in alignment with the mission of Rukundo International.
Time Commitment: 5-10 hours a week during and surrounding special events [2-3 special events annually] (less during "off" times)
Role Commitment: 1 year
This role is expected to be generally accessible to the Director of Development, as well as responsive to emails. As the lead for special events, the Special Events Manager should be present to lead the events, as well as able to be reached within 24 hours for urgent issues regarding these events.Qualifications
- Experience with event planning, coordinating teams, and maintaining a budget.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Organized and good time management skills
- Collaborative spirit
- Committed to the mission of Rukundo International
Reports to the Director of Development
About RUKUNDO INTERNATIONAL INC
9601 Shadow Oak Drive, Montgomery Village, MD 20886, US
Rukundo International (RI) empowers Kabale, Uganda's most vulnerable populations with educational and economic opportunities that lead to self-sustaining communities.
Founded in 2014, Rukundo International (RI) is dedicated to the overarching goal to empower women and children in Kabale, Uganda, acting as a partner and advocate, to ensure they have the basic human resources necessary to reach their full potential and to be successful. RI is also dedicated to fostering global awareness between individuals in the US and Uganda, providing opportunities to authentically learn about new cultures and develop meaningful relationships with those outside their community.
- Close to 3,000 Ugandans with access to safe water through installation of four water sources
- 50 vulnerable boys who are "off the streets" due to our boys soccer program
- 136 students enrolled in the Rukundo Preparatory School
- 1,165 girls graduated from the Girls Empowerment Program
- 57 students participating in the Scholars Program
- 22 women participating in the Women’s Cooperative to gain extra income for their households
- 100+ children engaged in our weekly Community Center programs
RI is currently partnered with Kyanamira - a small, rural community in Southwest Uganda - to create holistic, sustainable programs that provide opportunities for education, nutrition, hygiene, social development, & economic success. Working collaboratively with local government officials, community leaders, and the people, RI helps orphans, financially distressed families, and at-risk youth within the community.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 16, 2022
- Event Management
- Must be at least 18
- 5-10 hours