Donor Relations Manager for Local Non-Profit
RUKUNDO INTERNATIONAL INC
The Donor Relations Manager expands the relationship between the organization and donors, leading donor appreciation activities and project updates and communications, as well as tracking and maintaining the donor database.Responsibilities
- Plans and coordinates donor appreciation and engagement activities and project communications.
- Tracks corporate donations, employer matching contributions, and donor pledges.
- Supports the Director of Development in developing and implementing an annual action plan for donor management and care, including planned appreciation activities, and expansion of regular donor contributions.
- Establishes and Manages information tracking processes regarding acknowledgement, recognition, on-going communications of past and current donors to enhance their relationship with RI and increase the likelihood of continued contributions.
- Maintains donor information in the database, routinely evaluates regular donor participation, history and growth, and communicates assessments to the Director of Development.
- Works with the Communications Team for the development of any materials or communications to support donor engagement and appreciation activities.
- Promotes a positive and professional relationship with donors, in alignment with the mission of Rukundo International.
Time Commitment: 5-10 hours a week
Role Commitment: 1 year
This role is expected to be generally accessible to the Director of Development, as well as responsive to emails.Qualifications
- Experience with fundraising
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Organized and good time management skills
- Collaborative spirit
- Committed to the mission of Rukundo International
About RUKUNDO INTERNATIONAL INC
9601 Shadow Oak Drive, Montgomery Village, MD 20886, US
Rukundo International (RI) is dedicated to fostering global awareness between children and adults in the United States and children in East Africa. Our programs provide an opportunity for individuals to authentically learn about new cultures and develop meaningful relationships with those outside their community.
RI was formed to provide educational opportunities, healthcare and nutrition, community-based support, and hope to orphans and other underprivileged and at-risk children and their extended families in Kabale, Uganda.