3 people are interested
Donor Relations Manager for Local Non-Profit
3 people are interested
The Donor Relations Manager expands the relationship between the organization and donors, leading donor appreciation activities and project updates and communications, as well as tracking and maintaining the donor database.Responsibilities
- Plans and coordinates donor appreciation and engagement activities and project communications.
- Tracks corporate donations, employer matching contributions, and donor pledges.
- Supports the Director of Development in developing and implementing an annual action plan for donor management and care, including planned appreciation activities, and expansion of regular donor contributions.
- Establishes and Manages information tracking processes regarding acknowledgement, recognition, on-going communications of past and current donors to enhance their relationship with RI and increase the likelihood of continued contributions.
- Maintains donor information in the database, routinely evaluates regular donor participation, history and growth, and communicates assessments to the Director of Development.
- Works with the Communications Team for the development of any materials or communications to support donor engagement and appreciation activities.
- Promotes a positive and professional relationship with donors, in alignment with the mission of Rukundo International.
Time Commitment: 5-10 hours a week
Role Commitment: 1 year
This role is expected to be generally accessible to the Director of Development, as well as responsive to emails.Qualifications
- Experience with fundraising
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Organized and good time management skills
- Collaborative spirit
- Committed to the mission of Rukundo International
About RUKUNDO INTERNATIONAL INC
9601 Shadow Oak Drive, Montgomery Village, MD 20886, US
Rukundo International (RI) empowers Kabale, Uganda's most vulnerable populations with educational and economic opportunities that lead to self-sustaining communities.
Founded in 2014, Rukundo International (RI) is dedicated to the overarching goal to empower women and children in Kabale, Uganda, acting as a partner and advocate, to ensure they have the basic human resources necessary to reach their full potential and to be successful. RI is also dedicated to fostering global awareness between individuals in the US and Uganda, providing opportunities to authentically learn about new cultures and develop meaningful relationships with those outside their community.
- Close to 3,000 Ugandans with access to safe water through installation of four water sources
- 50 vulnerable boys who are "off the streets" due to our boys soccer program
- 136 students enrolled in the Rukundo Preparatory School
- 1,165 girls graduated from the Girls Empowerment Program
- 57 students participating in the Scholars Program
- 22 women participating in the Women’s Cooperative to gain extra income for their households
- 100+ children engaged in our weekly Community Center programs
RI is currently partnered with Kyanamira - a small, rural community in Southwest Uganda - to create holistic, sustainable programs that provide opportunities for education, nutrition, hygiene, social development, & economic success. Working collaboratively with local government officials, community leaders, and the people, RI helps orphans, financially distressed families, and at-risk youth within the community.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 23, 2021
- Donor Management
- Must be at least 18
- 5-10 hours