The Marketing and Community Outreach Volunteer will focus on re-engaging Lock-Up participants into one of MDA’s signature fundraising programs. Lock-Ups have traditionally been unique social fundraising events for professionals. Participants are typically community leaders, business owners, top management and executives that work in the community where the event is being held. The role of the volunteer will be to speak with the Jailbird and transition them to another exciting MDA signature event.
The Marketing and Community Outreach Volunteer position is for talented individuals that possess the skills to network with individuals and assist with donor acquisition. This role is ideal for anyone studying Marketing, Sales, or Non-Profit management and will be a great asset for those looking to advance their career in this type of setting. Marketing and Community Outreach Volunteers can expect to have fun while striving to achieve individual and team goals in a small office, team based environment.
Marketing and Community Outreach Volunteers receive training and ongoing coaching from MDA staff and remain on the phone, calling from a list provided by the MDA, for the entire shift. This volunteer opportunity has the potential to be ongoing/long term.
- Call past participants and transition them to new MDA signature events with which they can get involved
- Help take the mission of MDA to the general public
- Assist in building connections, to both existing partners and connecting MDA to new partners
- Packing and stuffing boxes
- Writing Thank you notes
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- There are two shifts: 10-1 CT and 1-4 CT.
- Orientation, Specific training for tasks, Background Check & HIPAA training (in certain situations)