Gulf Coast Jewish Family and Community Services
11 people are interested
The purpose of the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program of Pinellas County (RSVP) is to create meaningful opportunities for persons 55 years of age and above to participate more fully in the life of their community through volunteer service. RSVP has partnered with Gulf Coast Jewish Family and Community Services to recruit volunteers who are 55+ for the specific opportunities listed below.
Gulf Coast Jewish Family & Community Services, Inc. (Gulf Coast JFCS) is a non-faith-based, secular, not-for-profit, serving individuals and families across the state of Florida. Gulf Coast JFCS programs are as diverse as the individuals who benefit from them. Collectively, these services meet the complex needs of today’s families, senior citizens, vulnerable children, and persons needing assistance because of behavioral or mental health issues.
Current volunteer opportunities include direct and indirect services to clients. All opportunities provide support to clients that will assist in fulfilling the mission of the agency that protects the vulnerable and helps people achieve fulfilling lives by empowering individuals and strengthening families.
Direct volunteer opportunities include:
- Mentoring mothers and youth
- Companionship to elders and disabled and holocaust survivors
- Tutoring youth
- Assisting administratively in our offices with filing, scanning, data entry
- Grant writing
- Sharing your skill set to help our clients such as teaching yoga in one of our residential treatment centers, assisting clients write a resume, etc.
- Assistance with our Food Pantry set up and organization
- Assistance with the preparation of apartments for refugees
- Supporting volunteer recruitment efforts
- Event and fundraising assistance
- Support of outreach efforts and community engagement
- Possess a friendly and helpful personality
- Be open and sensitive to multi-cultural and multi-generational experiences
- Possess effective communication and persuasion skills
- Be respectful of varying opinions, beliefs, and values
- Possess sound judgement and reasoning abilities
- Be supportive of Gulf Coast JFCS philosophy and comfortable with issues related to Gulf Coast JCFS work.
- Gulf Coast JFCS is a Trauma Informed Care agency. Volunteer must be willing to embrace and implement Trauma Informed Care.
Training and Supervision:
- Attend Program Orientation and Training as specified
- Attend required on-going training meetings
- Training and supervision conducted by: Program Director or Designee, and Volunteer Coordinator
Time Commitment: Varies according to program needs.
About Retired and Senior Volunteer Program of Pinellas County
Pinellas Opportunity Council, Inc., 501 First Avenue North, Suite 517, St. Petersburg, FL 33701, US
The purpose of the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program of Pinellas and Pasco Counties (RSVP) is to create meaningful opportunities for persons 55 years of age and above to participate more fully in the life of their community through volunteer service.
The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program is one of the largest volunteer networks in the nation for people 55 years and over. You can use the skills and talents you’ve learned over the years, or develop new ones while serving in a variety of volunteer activities within your community.
We strengthen the communities we serve by addressing identified significant local needs, such as homelessness, food insecurity, aging in place for seniors, children in welfare and safety programs, and veterans and military families. RSVP takes the guesswork out of volunteering by partnering with a variety of nonprofit agencies in Pinellas and Pasco Counties to help you find the right fit for your volunteer service. You choose where, when, and how often you want to spend your time!
Benfits of RSVP include: mileage reimbursement for travel to and from your volunteer station, accident and personal liability insurance, small death benefit while performing volunteer duties, volunteer recognition events, socialization with peers, and personal growth. Oh, and did we mention, the ability to make a lasting difference on those in need?
We'll work with your schedule.
14041 Icot BlvdClearwater, FL 33760
- People 55+
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Varies based on program need