Instructor's Aide - Cashiering & Customer Service class at Seattle Center
DONATE TO THIS
4 people are interested
Schedule: Monday/Wednesday 1 pm - 3 pm
Position Description: Support Job Training instructors by providing an extra set of hands in the classroom. Assist with preparing the classroom and class materials, starting/ending class in a timely manner, helping with group activities, working with students who need extra guidance, and providing examples to students as needed.
- Preparatory work before/after class: making copies and setting up classroom activities
- Provide guidance and support to students working in small groups
- Participate in classroom activities and assist individual students during lessons and exercises
- Administrative tasks as needed
- Other activities as needed
Reports to: Supervisor determined during interview process
Role Requirements & Abilities:
- Interest in working in a classroom setting with adult learners; previous experience teaching or tutoring valued but not required
- Experience working with diverse individuals with multiple barriers.
- Reliable, punctual and consistent.
- Patient, understanding, and caring.
- Strong listening skills
Essential Physical Abilities:
- Able to safely lift/push/pull up to 10 lbs., grasp, handle, finger and manipulate items; perform repetitive fine motor functions with fingers, wrists and arms. Able to traverse a wide variety of physical environments without assistance including uneven surfaces and stairs. Able to communicate with others effectively, verbally and in writing; including those who have limited English skills, large groups and small groups and individuals. Able to use standard office equipment without assistance.
- Classroom setting; moderate noise level.
We'll work with your schedule.
700 Dearborn Pl SSeattle, WA 98144
- Basic Computer Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 8+ week commitment requested