39 people are interested
Clinic volunteers help us provide sight saving eye exams. Clinic is run completely by volunteers and is open on Saturdays and Sundays for 3 hours. Volunteers will attend orientation to receive all necessary training to confidently guide patients through their appointments.
- Students: all health care students are welcome to hone their clinical skills and help their community. Volunteers will have opportunities to practice all clinic stations
- Registration and intake
- Medical history
- Visual Acuity using Snellen chart
- Glaucoma test using a Tonopen
- Administer dilation drops
About The Kansas City Free Eye Clinic
705 VIRGINIA AVE, KANSAS CITY, MO 64106, US
The Kansas City Free Eye Clinic serves people in need of vision care and provides the tools they need to thrive.
Founded in 2008, The Kansas City Free Eye Clinic provides accessible eye care to Kansas City’s homeless and low income. The first of its kind locally, the Eye Clinic is a nexus between concerned eye care professionals, healthcare students, and patients in the community.
Through comprehensive eye exams and glasses KCFEC saves sight and improves lives. Clear vision is an essential yet often overlooked aspect of health that would otherwise be out of reach for our patients. Each year we provide life changing eye care to over 250 patients and rely on over 50 volunteers.
We'll work with your schedule.
705 Virginia AveKansas City, MO 64106
- People Skills
- Patient Care
- Data Entry
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours/week or as available
- Open to all healthcare students and professionals