Get trained to become a Financial Coach in Hayward!
DONATE TO THIS
25 people are interested
Get Trained to Become a Financial Coach with Eden Housing
Interested in helping others achieve their financial dreams? Volunteer as an Eden Savers Financial Coach! Complete our coach training and gain professional experience working with a client to set and achieve financial goals. Coaches work with our low income residents to help them improve their financial well-being, set and achieve meaningful financial goals, develop action steps, provide accountability, and serve as a resource for client questions.
- Successful coaches are active listeners, curious, goal-oriented, and able to work in partnership with their client.
- Knowledge of personal financial management is useful but not required.
- Coaches attend an Eden Savers training session to learn coaching practices and tools. Training is held on weeknights.
- Last year our coaches helped 87% of our low-income residents to create a budget. As a result of this program
- 72% of residents said they felt better prepared to manage and overcome a financial setback or emergency and
- On average residents saved $411 dollars.
- Coaches meet with their clients twice a month for six months or check-in as needed.
- Coaching sessions are generally 60 minutes.
Develop a close working relationship with a resident and watch them succeed!
About Eden Housing, Inc.
22645 Grand Street, Hayward, CA 94541, US
Eden Housing, Inc. builds and maintains high-quality, well-managed, service-enhanced affordable housing communities that meet the needs of lower income families, seniors, and persons with disabilities.
Eden Housing, Inc. is a California non-profit corporation founded in 1968 by six community activists who were concerned about the lack of non-discriminatory, affordable housing in Northern California. These volunteers began by rehabilitating older homes in Hayward for first time homebuyer families. In the mid-1980s, Eden Housing incorporated an affiliated property management company, Eden Housing Management, Inc. (EHMI), which currently provides quality onsite management and maintenance for more than 8,500 affordable homes throughout California. In the mid-1990's, Eden Housing expanded its scope to include the provision of free onsite support services and programs for its residents.Our services include technology programming; "green" resident education; youth academic, enrichment and recreation programs; programs for seniors and persons with disabilities; financial literacy; job/career preparation; and health and wellness programs for all ages.
Today, Eden has a portfolio of 8,500 units at 130 properties across 15 counties in California. Eden develops new construction and acquires and rehabilitates existing properties to preserve them. During the past 47 years, over 65,000 people have come home to an Eden Housing community. At Eden Housing, we have more than 20,000 households on our waiting list and a portfolio-wide vacancy rate of 1%, demonstrating a huge demand for our work.
We'll work with your schedule.
Multiple locations inHayward, CA 94541
- Financial Auditing
- Financial Planning
- People Skills
- Financial Service Assistance
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training