12 people are interested
Hospice Volunteers: An Amazing Opportunity to Help in Carmichael!
ORGANIZATION: Accentcare Hospice & Palliative Care of Sacramento
Please visit the new page to apply.
12 people are interested
Hospice volunteering is an incredibly rewarding experience. Are you a compassionate person with time and skills to offer? Whatever your specialty or passion, there is a place for you as a volunteer with Seasons Hospice. You can increase the quality of life of patients and families who are affected by a terminal illness. You can volunteer all over Sacramento, at our office, or from your home!
We are currently training:
- Direct Patient Care Volunteers-- visit patients to offer companionship, support, and caregiver relief for patients all over Los Angeles County!
- Office Volunteers-- join us in our friendly Glendale office to assist with administrative work, Monday through Friday. Hours are flexible!
- Vigil Volunteers-- offer your comfort and presence to the patient and family during the last hours of life.
- Bereavement Phone Call Volunteers-- we keep in touch with the family at specific intervals after their loved one has died. Make the phone calls that offer comfort and support.
- Namaste-- a specialized program for our dementia patients that uses light touch and sensory stimulation.
- Music Companion and Spiritual Companion Volunteers-- do you have a musical talent or a skill for offering spiritual comfort to people? You can share that with patients and families.
- Circle of Care Volunteers-- volunteer for 2 hours a week, on Thursday mornings, by making phone calls to a group of patients to "tuck them in" for the weekend and ensuring they have the supplies, medications, and support they need! Calls can be made from our office or your own home.
- Respite Volunteers-- offer a much-needed break to a family caregiver by making one-time, 2-4 hour long visits to patients while the caregiver takes some time for themselves.
Fill out the application at http://www.seasons.org/page/Volunteering to get started!
About Accentcare Hospice & Palliative Care of Sacramento
2295 Gateway Oaks Dr. Suite 165, Sacramento, CA 95833, US
Honoring Life ~ Offering Hope
Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care engenders hope in the lives of its patients and their family members. We are here for you.
We are a community-based organization on an ongoing mission to find creative solutions which add quality to life. We believe firmly in the patient/family focus of hospice care, recognizing that individuals and families are the experts in their own care.
Patients' Homes and FacilitiesCarmichael, CA 95608
September 19, 2022
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Patient Care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-4 visits per month; 1-2 hours each
- TB test, Background Check, Physical, all paid for by Seasons