We are looking for a Marketing and Communications Lead for ChickTech Dallas (https://dallas.chicktech.org). This volunteer role is responsible for external chapter communications and marketing, with the help of a volunteer team. The role includes encouraging people to come to and volunteer at our events, securing PR opportunities, being active on social media, sending out newsletters, and keeping our web presence updated. You’ll also work with the Chapter Director to craft great messages and materials to raise funds.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to spot original branding opportunities.
- Understanding of social media and web
- Experience with mailing campaigns
- Ability to work well with others
- Management experience a plus
Key responsibilities include:
- Collaborate on the marketing team and communicate regularly with the Communications and Marketing Manager
- Increase ChickTech brand recognition throughout local community
- Drive participation in and knowledge of ChickTech events
- Develop and document marketing and communications strategies for the chapter
- Oversee implementation of the above marketing strategies, including campaigns, events, digital marketing, and PR
- Work closely with the rest of the leadership team to define marketing materials and marketing needs
- Manage social media presence to improve social media reputation and recognition
- Work with the Chapter Director to promote any fundraising events and provide materials to acknowledge and sustain our relationships with donors
- Create and maintain newsletters to keep our students, volunteers, and mentors up-to-date with news and events within ChickTech
- Ensure the website is accurate, up to date, and reflects current chapter activities and needs
- Create flyers and other marketing collateral as needed for events and programs
- Regularly attend Leadership Team meetings, key chapter events, and annual Leadership Team Retreat
Expected time commitment: 3-5 hours/week, but may vary. This includes meetings, planning, and checking your ChickTech email at least three times a week to ensure that potential contacts are not waiting for communication. We ask that all leadership team members commit to one year of being on the team if possible. Please be honest about your time commitments--while we realize it is difficult to forecast what you may be doing four or five months out, we ask potential leadership team members to try their best to upfront with any conflicts, either work or personal. Thank you for your understanding!
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- ChickTech Volunteer Coordinator
- High School Volunteer...
- Finance Director - ChickTech...
- Finance Director - Orange County
- High School Program Director
- High School Communications...
- High School Workshop Lead...
- Workshop Lead - Orange County:...
- Teaching Assistants for Tech...
- ChickTech High School...
- Volunteer Manager
- ChickTech Workshop Manager
- Volunteer Coordinator, Chicktech...
- Exhibit Table Volunteer at...
- Chapter Director - Atlanta
- Graphic Design/Photography...
- Marketing Co-Director - Orange...
- ACT-W Website Manager
- High School Community Engagement...
- ChickTech Event Manager