Dolphin & Whale Research Volunteer Project, Portugal
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
31 people are interested
Volunteer in Albufeira, Portugal and support Dolphin & Whale Conservation and Research whilst exploring the scenic Algarve coastline. You will gain an insight into dolphin research, learn about different research instruments and techniques, study and learn about cetaceans and other marine species and gain awareness about their conservation.
Below are some of the activities you can expect to be involved with as a marine conservation volunteer in Portugal;
- For every cetacean group we encounter, we collect a range of biological, ecological and environmental data.
- Volunteers will get to see several species of cetaceans, sharks, sea turtles and marine birds found in the South of Portugal (please note not all sightings are guaranteed due to local weather conditions)
- Learn to identify and interpret cetacean behaviour and social composition
- Increase your pool of knowledge through theoretical lectures and fieldwork training from experienced researchers
- Learn about and use several of the most frequently used techniques and methodologies to study cetaceans
- Learn about data collection, photo analysis (photo-id) and techniques in underwater and aerial videos, and more
About WorkingAbroad Projects
The Coombe, Spring Barn Farm, Lewes, East Sussex BN7 3ND, GB
Offering the ability to take action for nature and society
WorkingAbroad Projects is a not-for-profit company, established in March 2002, in order to provide small scale organisations with need-based support from volunteers. The main areas of focus are wildlife and habitat conservation, environmental education and management, permaculture and organic agriculture and cultural development. We run projects in various countries around the world.