Dolphin & Whale Research Volunteer Project, Portugal
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
3 people are interested
Volunteer in Albufeira, Portugal and support Dolphin & Whale Conservation and Research whilst exploring the scenic Algarve coastline. You will gain an insight into dolphin research, learn about different research instruments and techniques, study and learn about cetaceans and other marine species and gain awareness about their conservation.
Below are some of the activities you can expect to be involved with as a marine conservation volunteer in Portugal;
- For every cetacean group we encounter, we collect a range of biological, ecological and environmental data.
- Volunteers will get to see several species of cetaceans, sharks, sea turtles and marine birds found in the South of Portugal (please note not all sightings are guaranteed due to local weather conditions)
- Learn to identify and interpret cetacean behaviour and social composition
- Increase your pool of knowledge through theoretical lectures and fieldwork training from experienced researchers
- Learn about and use several of the most frequently used techniques and methodologies to study cetaceans
- Learn about data collection, photo analysis (photo-id) and techniques in underwater and aerial videos, and more
We'll work with your schedule.
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16