Help stop the cycle of abuse and neglect. Build a multigenerational community that has a ripple effect for years to come! We are building Washington’s first intentional community for foster and kinship children and their forever families. By supporting adoptive families, and including seniors as honorary grandparents, we are creating permanence and stability for traumatized children and stopping the cycle of abuse and neglect.
We are seeking board members from greater Tacoma (Pierce County/South King County) to provide general legal guidance. Expertise in specific areas of law such as land use and real estate, transactions, and partnerships is highly desirable. Nonprofit legal experience is a plus.
Key functions are:
- Plan strategically for the future of Many Lights
- Speak and advocate for Many Lights and our mission
- Help connect Many Lights to your community
- Participate in fund development activities throughout the year
- Serve a minimum 2-year term
- Attend monthly board meetings
- Attend annual retreat or strategic planning meeting
- Actively work on one or more committees
- Participate in special projects as needed including fundraising
- Demonstrate commitment to the organization’s mission
Time Commitment: Board members may expect to serve on average 4-10 hours per month. Meetings are the second Wednesday of each month from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Read more about board membership at: https://manylights.org/board-membership/
If interested, submit your application here: http://bit.ly/ML-Volunteer-Application
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Legal (General)
- Facilities Management
- Real Estate & Leasing
- Public Advocacy
- Contract Negotiations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check