CROSSOVER COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
13 people are interested
- To provide administrative support to the organization’s management
- To assist with the recruitment, retention, recognition of the organization’s volunteers.
Distinguishing Features of the position
This position requires advanced communication skills, both written and oral. Must be self-motivated, passionate about the mission of the organization, well organized, detail-oriented, and able to juggle multiple tasks. Projects pleasant and efficient characteristics and works well with others.
Responsibilities and duties
- Assist in various administrative tasks as and when requested
- Create and modify documents using Microsoft Office
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to photocopying, mailing, and filing
- Maintain electronic and hard copy the filing system of the organization
- Organizing, writing and sending correspondence
- Writing and preparing reports and documents
- Ordering and resupplying office supplies
Work Experience, Skills and Knowledge, Person
- Passion for community development and human services
- Previous experience of an administrative role is an asset
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills including an in-depth knowledge of grammar and spelling
- Previous work in a nonprofit organization preferred but not required
- Problem-solving capabilities, strong organizational and time management skills
- High degree of computer literacy of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Research skills preferred but not required
- Good interpersonal skills, Personable and enthusiastic
- Interested in learning and developing new skills
- Able to show initiative and work without close supervision
- Good attention to detail
- Proactive, resourceful and organized
- Sensitive and diplomatic
- Strong team player and collaborative working style
- Reliable and flexible and willing to take on a range of tasks
About CROSSOVER COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
PO Box 531, Dayton, OH 45401, US
VISION: Cross Over Community Development is a gateway to self-reliance, confidence, and dignity for immigrants, refugees, and underserved communities. Mission: Cross Over Community Development is a resource center for immigrants and underserved community that provide educational services and employment opportunities in the greater Dayton area.
Cross Over Community Development is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting immigrants and refugees in re-establishing high-quality lives for themselves and fully participating in the life of their new community.
Cross Over was named after the idea that African immigrants and refugees cross from areas of absolute poverty and come to the US with the hope of accessing opportunities, create wealth and escape poverty. Unfortunately, they find upon arrival here barriers after barriers mostly linked to their lack of functional skills, cultural awareness, appropriate education, transferable job skills as well as social connections and they get stuck with the first survival job they get upon arrival here, unable to move to the next level, many become underemployed and end up assimilating in the underclass which prevents them from realizing their dream of creating money, prosperity, and success.
It is against this backdrop that volunteers who have been involved with new immigrants’ issues formed a nonprofit called "Cross Over Community Development" intended to empower them with employment skills and job creations so that they can improve their quality of life and self-sufficiency. Our outreach programs to break the generational poverty will target both immigrants and underserved communities.