Dunes’ Edge Campground could use the loving touch of a gardener to help keep her beautiful! The campground has several flower beds, window boxes and planters placed around the property which would benefit from a bit of attention. If your passion is gardening, and you have a few hours a week to spare, we would enjoy sharing this amazing property with you! This position would be perfect for a creative individual who has a flexible schedule, enjoys the outdoors, and has a basic knowledge of gardening. Our stewardship staff will work with the volunteer to determine gardening needs and priorities. The ideal candidate should be equally at home working independently as well as on a team. It’s never too early to plan for the spring time!
- Working with stewardship staff to assess gardening needs
- Planting and/or transplanting annuals and perennials as well as maintaining existing beds
- Maintaining communication with stewardship staff
- Log volunteer hours
- An eagerness to participate in maintaining the campground
- Able to use hand tools
- Able to follow instructions and work in a team
- Dress in appropriate clothes and footwear
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and ability to bend
- Ability to walk on a variety of surfaces including grass or uneven surfaces
Time Commitment Needed
Flexible schedule could be year-round depending on availability. Prefer a commitment of 3-months.
Location: 386 U.S. 6, Provincetown, MA 02657
For more information Contact Eileen Small, Volunteer Resources Coordinator, 781-784-0567 x5501, firstname.lastname@example.org
To explore other volunteer opportunities or sign up as a team, visit our volunteer page at http://volunteer.thetrustees.org/
More about The Trustees
Founded by landscape architect Charles Eliot in 1891, The Trustees has, for more than 125 years, been a catalyst for important ideas, endeavors, and progress in Massachusetts. As a steward of distinctive and dynamic places of both historic and cultural value, The Trustees is the nation’s first preservation and conservation organization, and its landscapes and landmarks continue to inspire discussion, innovation, and action today as they did in the past. We are a nonprofit, supported by members, friends and donors and our 116 sites are destinations for residents, members, and visitors alike, welcoming millions of guests annually. www.thetrustees.org.
The Trustees is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, military service, application for military service, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. The Trustees makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Flexible; could be year round
- Boat House Steward - Norris...
- Event Volunteer - Bird Park
- Event Assistant - Weir River Farm
- Skilled Trades Volunteer - Lyman...
- Invasive Species Control...
- Fall Farm Festival Volunteers -...
- Guest Services Ambassador -...
- Gardening Volunteer - Mytoi
- Engagement Survey Volunteer -...
- Norris Reservation Fall Clean Up
- Wednesday Garden Crew - Haskell
- Field Assistant Volunteer -...
- Assistant Wrangler Volunteer -...
- Pop-Up Membership Tabling...
- Property Ambassador - Francis...
- Painter Volunteer - Charles...
- Hen Helper - The Farm Institute
- Sukkot Festival Volunteer -...
- Vegetation Monitors - Deer...
- Property Ambassador - Eleanor...