Working closely with the Executive Director, the Graphic/Media Designer will gain experience designing a variety of materials for the DCA. The projects will relate to our mission, including but not limited to print, digital, outdoor, and other variations as well as some photography art direction. You will develop materials from concept to completion, creating several materials to add to your design portfolio.
The Designer will assist with projects and responsibilities including:
- Design advertising, promotional, and informational materials for the DCA’s programs and events
- Collaborate with staff to implement the DCA’s creative vision for outreach and brand efforts
- Ensure alignment of all publications, logos, and advertisements with the DCA’s style and brand guides
- Editing and posting for the DCA’s website, social media channels and Etsy account
- Attend regular meetings/check-ins with DCA staff
To apply, you will need...
- A Cover Letter explaining your interest in working with the DCA
- A Resume that demonstrates your experience
- A link to your portfolio or attached sample of graphic/media design work
Helps if you have these qualifications:
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Some experience with social media beyond the basics-scheduling posts, Facebook ads, growing follower bases, etc.
- Strong interest in arts and culture and follow local and national news and trends.
- Be a team player, organized, and responsible. The ideal applicant will be genuinely passionate about the DCA’s mission and excited to work with a small arts nonprofit as it expands and grows!
This volunteer position or internship is focused on providing real-world training and an out-of-classroom educational experience. This volunteer position can be offsite or in our office. Please bring your own laptop as space is limited. If working offsite, you may be required to periodically come into the office. If working onsite, we will schedule your days. This is an unpaid volunteer position; however, it can also equate to an internship with exchanged hours worked for university credit. We would be happy to make arrangements to accommodate this. We would like a commitment of at least 6 hours a week (or to be determined by an internship). This position can be ongoing, but we would like your engagement for at least 2-3 months and we can be flexible around your schedule.
It can start and end any time (not necessarily the dates listed here.)
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Social Media / Blogging
- Graphic Design
- Web Design
- Visual Arts
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- tbd weekly / we would like a commitment of 2-3mnth