We are experiencing a growth spurt and need a leader who shows strong initiative, is a confident self-starter, and able to grow a volunteer recognition program to reward our deserving volunteers for their amazing efforts. As a Volunteer Recognition Sponsor Recruiter with NAMI San Fernando Valley:
- Approach potential sponsors of our volunteer recognition program through email, phone, social media, snail mail, and face-to-face visits.
- Regularly collaborate with the Volunteer Recognition Coordinator (VRC) to create and update a list of ways to reward our volunteers for their contributions.
- Work with the Recruitment Chair and VRC to develop a consistent message when we approach potential community donors.
- Actively seek out best practices for volunteer recognition.
- Role-specific training and tools to help you succeed.
- Paired up with a Relationship Manager whose sole responsibility is to ensure you enjoy your volunteer experience.
- To build your new experience and skills into your resume and career profile for increased pay and appeal to potential employers.
- To volunteer alongside and make new connections with awesome people from all over the globe.
- To work remotely, with a flexible schedule.
- Enthusiasm, time and reliability to volunteer. We completely understand if competing priorities don’t lend itself to volunteering. This is important work and a hugely critical role. Be sure you can keep this commitment.
- Passion and connection to the help people affected by mental illness.
- Strong communication skills, especially over the phone, email and team communications apps.
- A goals-oriented mindset and strong problem-solving skills.
- Basic Microsoft Office Suite skills and ability to learn our simple database, NationBuilder.
- Approximately 5-8 hrs/week to dedicate to the role.
Volunteers are the lifeblood of our organization. National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) is the nation's largest volunteer-run grassroots organization helping individuals affected by mental illness. At NAMI San Fernando Valley, we proudly offer free support groups, educational classes and information meetings to individuals and families affected by mental illness. We tirelessly fight stigma through our advocacy and outreach efforts to spread awareness in our community. We offer hope and help people build better lives.
If you are interested in helping us give our volunteers the credit they deserve for helping to eliminate stigma, bring awareness, advocate for others, teach classes, facilitate support groups, recruit other volunteers, write training manuals, plan events, raise money and for so many other amazing contributions, c lick "I want to help!"
The programs and initiatives of National Alliance on Mental Illness - San Fernando Valley are staffed by talented volunteers who have the passion, drive and expertise necessary to fulfill our mission. NAMI SFV welcomes and appreciates individual differences and invites diversity in its broadest definition. We are devoted to promoting an inclusive organizational environment of transparency, authenticity, creativity, and kindness.
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Donor Management
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Customer Acquisition
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 5-7 hours a week
- patience, resilient, able to hear "no" and pursue a "yes", tenacious, reliable