IMPACT Bay Area is seeking members for our Board of Directors with Legal or Human Resources experience or expertise.
Board of Directors Responsibilities
As a small organization, Impact Bay Area's Board is very much a "working" board. We rely on
board members to contribute significant time on critical projects in addition to financial support.
Depending on their role and current projects, Board members generally spend between 10-20
hours per month (2-5 hours per week) on Impact tasks and responsibilities. Board officers
(Chair, Secretary and Treasurer) tend to spend even more time on Impact activities.
- Financial Support: Each board member gives an annual gift that is personally meaningful and in the top 3 of the gifts they give to charity each year.
- Fundraising: Each Board member raises or donates $3,000+ each year. Many Board members set even higher goals. Before officially joining the Board, a prospective member raises and/or donates a minimum of $2,000.
- Promotion of Impact Bay Area in the larger community. This includes finding opportunities to connect the organization with funders, individual donors, corporate giving, and businesses where we can offer self-defense to employees.
- Legal and fiduciary oversight & budgeting
- Evaluation of Executive Director
- Strategic planning
- Human Resources Legal Compliance
- Employment Law
- Human Resources Strategy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10 hours/month