1 person is interested
Kearney: Dementia Community Educator
ORGANIZATION: Alzheimer's Association, Nebraska Chapter
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Alzheimer's Association Community Educators are volunteer public speakers who provide Alzheimer's Association education programs to community audiences.Key Activities:
- Deliver approximately 12 presentations annually using prepared Alzheimer’s Association consumer education programs on a variety of care and support topics.
- Collaborate with local Association staff to expand programs by securing community partners, scheduling presentations, delivering the programs, and managing needed materials.
- Serve as presenter for chapter-scheduled education programs and conferences.
- Connect people with additional Association services and volunteer opportunities by proactively making referrals to Alzheimer's Association programs & free 24/7 Helpline.
- Demonstrated success with health education using excellent communication, presentation and adult education skills.
- Comfort with computers and familiarity with email and PPT presentations.
- Ability to network, and collaborate with staff, volunteers, and community partners.
- Passionate about the Alzheimer’s Association mission with personal or professional experience with dementia preferred.
- Must be age 21 to apply. Background checks are required.
- Community Educators commit to delivering a target of 12 presentations annually.
- All program volunteers participate in initial training and ongoing education and must comply with Alzheimer’s Association volunteer policies and procedures.
- Terms are renewable upon successful completion of annual goal-setting conversation with your staff partner.
- Perfect your public speaking ability and technique while serving your local community.
- Increase your knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
- Be recognized as a leader and resource for Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- Join a network of other volunteers, staff and community leaders to help create a world without Alzheimer’s and all other dementia.
The Alzheimer's Association will provide training, information and electronic or printed materials to assist in your efforts. Orientation includes several hours of online learning, self-study and shadowing or mentoring by local Alzheimer's Association staff and volunteers. Some materials are available in multiple languages.
6 More opportunities with Alzheimer's Association, Nebraska Chapter
About Alzheimer's Association, Nebraska Chapter
8790 F Street, Suite 404, Omaha, NE 68127, US
The Alzheimer's Association leads the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia -- by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
Since 1982, the Nebraska Chapter has provided education, information and support to individuals afflicted with Alzheimer's disease (AD) and other dementias. Alongside 78 other Chapters and our Home Office in Chicago, we promote research for the prevention, cure, and treatment of AD. This mission is carried out by increasing concern and awareness, advancing public policy, enhancing care and support options, accelerating research, and growing revenue.
The Nebraska Chapter has offices in Omaha and Lincoln. We have programs and events throughout Nebraska. Visit alz.org/nebraska or call 800.272.3900.
Multiple locations Kearney, NE 68845
January 3, 2023
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- Community Outreach
- Public Speaking
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 8hr training, ongoing learning, 6 presentations/yr
- one year commitment