Powisset Farm is looking for volunteers to assist our Barnyard Educator with Open Barnyard days on Saturdays and Thursdays between June and October. This opportunity is great for adults and responsible teens interested in engaging the public with our animals. Training provided.
* Welcome the public, answer questions about Powisset Farm, and educate families about our animals
* Assist with set up and break down of program supplies including crafts and children’s games
* Sign up for a shift
* Able to lift 30 lbs or more
* Work in all weather conditions
* Comfortable to ask questions if unclear of chore
* Interest in working in a barn environment
* Desire to learn about animals
* Volunteers under 18 will require adult supervision and permission
Able to commit for 5 months or more to the same 2-4 hour shift once a week. Training begins by shadowing staff for three work sessions.
Current open shifts:
* Thursdays: 11:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
* Saturdays: 9:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. and/or 12:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Powisset Farm, 37 Powissett St. Dover, MA 02030
For more information
Contact Eileen Small, Volunteer Resources Coordinator, 781-784-0567 x5501, email@example.com
To explore other volunteer opportunities or sign up as a team, visit our volunteer page at http://volunteer.thetrustees.org/
More about The Trustees
Founded by landscape architect Charles Eliot in 1891, The Trustees has, for more than 125 years, been a catalyst for important ideas, endeavors, and progress in Massachusetts. As a steward of distinctive and dynamic places of both historic and cultural value, The Trustees is the nation’s first preservation and conservation organization, and its landscapes and landmarks continue to inspire discussion, innovation, and action today as they did in the past. We are a nonprofit, supported by members, friends and donors and our 116 sites are destinations for residents, members, and visitors alike, welcoming millions of guests annually. www.thetrustees.org.
The Trustees is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, military service, application for military service, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. The Trustees makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
- People Skills
- Animal Care / Handling
- Relationship Building
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- shifts available; 5 month commitment
- minors will require adult supervision
- Boat House Steward - Norris...
- Gardening Volunteer - Dunes'...
- Event Volunteer - Bird Park
- Invasive Species Control...
- Fall Farm Festival Volunteers -...
- Event Volunteer - Bradley Estate
- Barnyard Volunteer - Powisset Farm
- Guest Services Ambassador -...
- Horticulture Volunteer - Bradley...
- Gardening Volunteer - Mytoi
- Communications Intern - Bradley...
- Drop-In Tuesday Gardening -...
- Gardening Volunteer - The FARM...
- Friday Community Garden...
- Skilled Trades Volunteer -...
- Painter Volunteer - Weir River...
- Property Ambassador - Haskell...
- Pop-Up Membership Tabling...
- Skilled Trades Volunteer -...
- Property Ambassador - Eleanor...