The Powisset Farm Volunteer Leadership Team meets four times per year and is comprised of 8-10 volunteers. Members demonstrate a high level of commitment to Powisset Farm and actively support the creation and management of Powisset Farm’s public programs and events while further connecting the Farm and its offerings with the public, under the leadership of the Engagement Site Manager. Members also exhibit a desire to generate excitement about the programs and events.
- Providing onsite support at public Farm programs and events
- Assist Engagement Site Manager with all aspects of programs and events from ideation, planning, promotion, volunteer recruitment, and execution.
- Serve as an ongoing ambassador for Powisset Farm and The Trustees, in the local community.
- Identify and mentor new volunteers.
- Leadership team members with relevant skills may be asked to lead programs, as needed.
- Attends quarterly Committee meetings and volunteers at 3+ programs per year.
- Commits to a two-year term
Trustees Membership is encouraged, but not required.
- Friendly, organized, energetic, and flexible
- Actively contributes to organizing, recruiting for, and assisting with the planning and execution of events and programs.
- Committed to reaching established participation and visitation goals
For more information
Contact Eileen Small, Volunteer Resources Coordinator, 781-784-0567 x5501, firstname.lastname@example.org
other volunteer opportunities, visit our volunteer page at http://volunteer.thetrustees.org/
More about The Trustees
Founded by landscape architect Charles Eliot in 1891, The Trustees has, for more than 125 years, been a catalyst for important ideas, endeavors, and progress in Massachusetts. As a steward of distinctive and dynamic places of both historic and cultural value, The Trustees is the nation’s first preservation and conservation organization, and its landscapes and landmarks continue to inspire discussion, innovation, and action today as they did in the past. We are a nonprofit, supported by members, friends and donors and our 116 sites are destinations for residents, members, and visitors alike, welcoming millions of guests annually. www.thetrustees.org.
The Trustees is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, military service, application for military service, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. The Trustees makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.