CarFit is a free, fun event designed to improve safety and comfort for older drivers. Trained volunteers walk through a 12-point checklist with drivers to ensure their vehicle's adjustable safety features, such as mirrors, seatbelts, lights, and air bag placement, are the safest "fit" for the driver. Drivers leave their 20-minute appointment with recommended adjustments and adaptations, a list of local resources, and greater peace of mind.
This event will take place Saturday, May 5th, 10:00am-2:00pm at Northeast Middle School (NE Minneapolis). Additional CarFit events will be held at various locations across the Metro and East Central MN from May-September 2018.
Volunteer at one or more events as a:
- CarFit Technician: Walk through the 12-point checklist with drivers, providing 1:1 personalized support to participants and ensuring they get the most out of their appointment (Training required - see below)
- Traffic Director: Help direct the flow of traffic, supporting the smooth and safe operation of the event
- Check-In Assistant: Be the first point of contact for participants, welcoming them to the event and ensuring they know what to expect
CarFit Technician Trainings (registration required):
- Friday, April 27th, 10am-2pm - Roseville @ Ramsey County Roseville Library OR
- Wednesday, June 20th, 10am-2pm - SW Minneapolis @ Justice Page Middle School
For more information about event locations, dates, and times, or to register for training, contact Corie Custer at 612-704-6114 or email@example.com.
- People Skills
- Occupational Therapy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Training: 4 hours; Events: 2-4 hours