Founded in 2007, Building Skills Partnership (BSP) is a statewide organization that works towards its mission to improve the quality of life for low-wage janitors and their families by increasing their skills, access to education and opportunities for career and community advancement. BSP represents a unique partnership between building service companies, building owners, the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), and the broader community.
Over ninety percent of BSP’s participants are Latino immigrants. It has been recognized by the State of California, Microsoft, James Irvine Foundation, and The National Migration Policy Institute as a model training program. BSP serves over 2,500 workers statewide each year by offering Vocational ESL classes, Computer Literacy, Citizenship Classes, Health Education, Parent Education workshops and other training topics to the janitors and service workers who work hard every day and night to keep California’s businesses clean and safe.
BSP is looking for a highly creative, motivated, and collaborative individual who can conceptualize and produce creative campaigns and a wide variety of graphic materials for the organization’s communications efforts. The Graphic Design/Marketing Intern will work closely with BSP’s communications team to provide marketing and design support for a variety of channels, including print, digital, and web. Under general supervision, the intern will help manage BSP’s social media channels, monitor for social trends, and provide general marketing and campaign recommendations.
- Develop and distribute content for social media and other communications pieces.
- Create engaging layouts and design artwork for BSP’s instructional, promotional publications, including program brochures, social media, reports, and web graphics.
- Strategize and write media plans for BSP special events
- Research and provide recommendations for campaigns on social
- Engage with BSP influencers directly on social
- Maintain social media and content posting schedule
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Advanced knowledge of principles, practices and techniques of digital art, graphic design, layout and illustration
- Passion for marketing and visual communication
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Completing or have completed a degree in journalism, design, marketing, a related field or experience
- Ability to work well in a team
- Bilingual a plus
- Must have excellent organization skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Prior experience in social media marketing and/or management a plus