1 person is interested
Disaster Shelter: Mental Health Responder (Lanai)
1 person is interested
The purpose of this position is to be on-call to provide Disaster Mental Health services to clients and community in support of a Disaster Action Team (DAT) event such as a house fire in case of injuries or fatalities.
The Disaster Mental Health DAT Responder for Lanai will ensure:
- Disaster Mental Health services are provided to clients, Red Cross responders and the community throughout Lanai effected by a DAT event.
- Support and collaborate with other disaster functions before, during and after a disaster by acting as
a subject matter expert.
- Help clients find resources to meet future mental health needs resulting from the event.
- Perform client casework, as needed
- Must hold any level license or registration as a social worker, psychologist, professional counselor, marriage and family therapist, or psychiatrist (including non-clinical licenses such as Licensed Masters Social Worker or LMSW)
- May be a retired mental health professional who:
- Meet the educational criteria for their specific profession;
- Held a license (any level license) from any U.S. state or territory as a social worker, psychologist, professional counselor, marriage and family therapist, psychiatric nurse or psychiatrist, or a certificate as a school psychologist or school counselor, within the 5 years prior to on-boarding as a Disaster Mental Health Shelter Worker; and
- Maintained a license or certification in good standing upon retirement and without any disciplinary action taken by the issuing U.S. state or territory licensing or certification board.
- Ability to be part of a team demonstrating traits of honesty, forward looking, competence, intelligence and compassion. The Disaster Mental Health Shelter Worker understands how they fit into the larger DCS and Sheltering structure and how their actions can positively influence and support the DCS Program.
About American Red Cross - Pacific Islands Region
4155 Diamond Head Road, Honolulu, HI 96816, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Lanai AveLanai City, HI 96763
September 22, 2021
- Disaster Response
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Mental Health
- Case Work / Management
- Counseling / Mental Health
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Varies depending on events. Lanai is not a particularly busy area, so actual response may be limited to a few times a year. Each event (ie flooding event) response could vary between a few hours and several days depending on how severe the issue is.
- Computer literate, access to a computer and internet, ability to show up/respond during a disaster, comfortable working with people in stressful situations