Disaster Hotline (Oahu)
American Red Cross - Pacific Islands Region
To answer calls arriving into the Red Cross county disaster hotline and to initiate a timely response to disaster incidents in the county according to Red Cross standard operating procedures.
- During assigned shift, be available to answer all incoming calls into the county disaster hotline from local emergency responders requesting Red Cross help following or during a disaster. The county disaster hotline number is transferred directly to the Hotline Dispatcher’s personal phone.
- When a call comes in, assess the type of response and make appropriate calls to alert the Disaster Action Team (DAT), the County Paid Staff Member, and others needed to support the response - including the on-call Public Affairs Worker and Client Assistance Card (CAC) Activator.
- Provide support to the DAT while the team is on scene as needed. Support may include calling hotels or calling additional DAT responders.
- Good phone skills and ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Regular access to email
- Preferably Hotline Dispatchers will have personal cell phones for 24/7 accessibility
Night Dispatchers are are call every three (3) weeks from 6pm to 6am for a one week on-call shift.
About American Red Cross - Pacific Islands Region
4155 Diamond Head Road, Honolulu, HI 96816, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.