13 people are interested
Disaster Hotline Volunteer (Oahu)
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Pacific Islands Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
13 people are interested
To answer calls arriving into the Red Cross county disaster hotline and to initiate a timely response to disaster incidents in the county according to Red Cross standard operating procedures.
- During assigned shift, be available to answer all incoming calls into the county disaster hotline from local emergency responders requesting Red Cross help following or during a disaster. The county disaster hotline number is transferred directly to the Hotline Dispatcher’s personal phone.
- When a call comes in, assess the type of response and make appropriate calls to alert the Disaster Action Team (DAT), the County Paid Staff Member, and others needed to support the response - including the on-call Public Affairs Worker and Client Assistance Card (CAC) Activator.
- Provide support to the DAT while the team is on scene as needed. Support may include calling hotels or calling additional DAT responders.
- Good phone skills and ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Regular access to email
- Preferably Hotline Dispatchers will have personal cell phones for 24/7 accessibility
Dispatchers are on call every three (3) weeks for a one week on-call shift.
Safety First! Our need for volunteers is constant and our guidelines reflect the latest CDC safety recommendations and follow the national and local government laws. COVID-19 vaccination is strongly encouraged and is required for in-person volunteer roles.
About American Red Cross - Pacific Islands Region
4155 Diamond Head Road, Honolulu, HI 96816, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
4155 Diamond Head RoadHonolulu, HI 96816
August 8, 2022
- Disaster Response
- Disaster Relief Call Center
- Case Work / Management
- Crisis Counseling
- Basic Computer Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Time Commitment: Dispatchers are on call every three (3) weeks for a one week on-call shift.
- Willing to use personal phone to make calls. Great communication skills. Calm under pressure, customer service focus